Heart skipped a beat.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I went to the hospital today because I had the heart skipping a beat sensation, tight chest, struggling to catch breath, anyone else ben through this at all?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. I've been struggling with being unable to catch a breath for a while. It went away for some time and recently came back. You should have your lungs and heart listened to. It helped me when I did. Most issues with lungs and heart can be detected by listening.
  • Posted

What happened when you went to the hospital? Did your EKG read normal? I get that feeling a lot. They say it is normal for your heart to skip sometimes. I don't know. But I have noticed it more when I am exhausted, or need more iron. Maybe get a blood test to make sure all the levels are normal. Also I feel less anxiety when I am working on something fun, or successful. If I am really stressed about something, work does not even help. Good luck and hope you feel better!!
  • Posted

What happened when you went to the hospital? Did your EKG read normal? I get that feeling a lot. They say it is normal for your heart to skip sometimes. I don't know. But I have noticed it more when I am exhausted, or need more iron. Maybe get a blood test to make sure all the levels are normal. Also I feel less anxiety when I am working on something fun, or successful. If I am really stressed about something, work does not even help. Good luck and hope you feel better!!
  • Posted

HI Scott. This has happened me on numerous occasions and I ended up calling 999 once because I was so worried. I assume then checked you over. If that's the case just try and relax get it into your head that it is anxiety only. if the docs have checked you over, chill out and don't worry.

I don't have these problems anymore since I let go of the worry.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Scott

I get this quite a lot I refer to it as palpitations which can make you think something's wrong , this itself can trigger a panic attack as your heart fluctuates

And your trying to catch a breath making it worse . I've had ecg's aswell heart tracer

Seems all is well . I find that when I'm lying down or turned to one side it's worse

Also when running or doing something that makes the heart beat faster . I find myself

Trying to breath on time with my heart to correct this rhythm

It can be frightening at times but it is controllable

Regards daz

• Posted

hi there scott... im feeling that skipped heartbeat right now...im feeling it twice three times a month...  and when im feeling it it lasted for 24 hours.... and im so scared always... i went on my cardio and as always she told me that evrything is alright, wich i always doubted because im scared that anytime sooner im having a heart attack... which did not happened thank God! and honestly i dont know if this is anxiety but i have this feeling since last august... its so depressing to feel your heart is skipping a beat... i just want you to know youre not alone at this... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.