Heart Skipping-Extra Beat- Chest Tightness - Burn

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, im 20 years old male. about 6 months ago i expericenced an extra beat in my heart and skipping beats i was freaked out i almost died from fear i thought i was having a heart attack.. after going to doctors they checked almost everything my brain, heart, lungs, chest, ears.. they all came out normal i had EKG and ECG and Echocradiogram they all came out normal i even freaked out and i called for emergency and i spent about 5 hours in hospital i did about 8 or more  blood tests to check if it was a heart attack or something but still everything came out normal... so 2 months later i started feeling okay i didnt get that skips and extra beats alot there was days i didnt get it at all.. so 6 months later its been about 1 week i freaked out again for no reason i got in alot of fear and and one two days later i start having chest tightness i feel like my chest is soo discomfortable.. its not always like this its alright during the nights and in the mornings when i wake up.. i start getting it from around 4:00PM to 7:00PM sometimes till 9. It feels like my chest is burning and its just so discomfortable... im really afraid i dont know what to do by the way its been about 4 days i never got any ectopic beats or anything like that my heart is beating normal and everything is normal the only problem is my chest... please someone talk to me i feel so lonely 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you say your chest is burning it may be something simple like acid reflux I suffer from skipped beats alot and had ecg and was fine I think you should stop worrying as it is causing you to have panic attacks which causes chest tightness and a number of other thing during a panic attack
  • Posted

Dear Nedi.

It seems like you are having severe anxiety and you are not alone.

The mind plays terrible tricks on you so try not to think that something bad is going to happen. You have had all the tests.

You are experiencing a difficult time and hopefully it will pass.

Take Care 

Christine

• Posted

Hi Nedi, my name is Mia I'm 25 years old and can relate to your expierences!

Sorry to hear your not feeling well! At least you have had many health checks to rule everything out!smile

Anxiety is truely horrible! Sometimes I feel like I'm dying...its our minds playing tricks!

Have you spoken to a DR about anxiety? There's plenty of medication to try! which works well with CBT therapy.

At first I was prescribed Propranolol- this was great for having anxiety attacks! But I'm now on a antidepressant- early days at the moment!.hope you feel better, try and stay positive... (sounds easier said than done!) Big hugs xxx

• Posted

Thank you all for your replay, i just want someone to talk to me or send me a message atleast i want to talk to someone who feels like me and feels me.. because it seems like no one can underestand me. 
    • Posted

I do understand you and it sounds like a panic attack that your having and because it occurs at the same time everyday its because your mind always worry and think it's goin to happen at this time the feelings you are getting are not all in the mind they are very physical and real maybe at the time you expect this to happen try goin out and keeping your mind off it and I'm sure your heart is ok I used to worry about mine all the time to
  • Posted

Hi, I am 27 and have had what you described for 7 years. I have had all the same test with results all ok. A good tip from me would be, cut out all caffeine completely, drink alcohol to a minimal and get good sleep. This help me. The hardest is to understand anxiety and accept....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.