Heart skips a beat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone ever feel like their heart skips a beat. And then it beats really fast after

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yea, I think that is quite common and if u stress about it it makes it beat faster too.
    • Posted

It happened to me today it almost feels like your heart stops for like 3 seconds and then goes fast
    • Posted

I have read lots of posts about it on this forum, so i think it is common for anxiety sufferers and quite harmless.
  • Posted

I have a benign irregular heartbeat that does this. It feels like it skips a hard beat them beats faster, but really mine does an extra beat that you cannot feel. It happens with caffeine, stress, alcohol, lack of sleep and fever. Harmless, but did wear a heart monitor for a month to have it checked of course.
    • Posted

I wore one for 24 hours and they didn't find anything... It's not an all the time thing.... I've felt it like 3 times in the past like 7 months
  • Posted

Happens to so many people for unknown reasons.  Our bodies are so complex and we are not always aware enough to pin down the reason rapid heart rate.  A good thing to do when this happens is to lay on the floor, butt against the wall and legs straight up the wall.  10 minutes is good, relieving your heart from having to go all the way down to your feet and back with the blood.  If you are strong enough, you can do this while lying in bed and putting your legs straight up in the air.  You can also stack pillows (or something that is supportive), put them under your calves and feet.  Will accomplish the same thing in case you have trouble getting off the floor.
    • Posted

Thank u

Can I ask how u know all this? Ive never heard of that before

• Posted

I am 61 and have had life long illnesses and depression.  I talk to folks every time I go to a docs office and my mother, who talks to all her friends who have various medical and/or mental difficulties.  The elderly are a vast wealth of simple techniques their parents used. My mother and I share these tips and I am astounded how well most of them work!  Medicine has complicated so many things like occasional rapid heartbeats, night sweats, migraines, etc., when our ancestors knew simple, effective remedies that are all but forgotten.  Before running to a doc, if it is not debilitating or chronic, do a little research into old remedies that are very effective.  I always use natural healing unless I really need a doc, like for depression.  None of the herbal remedies worked for me and I needed a prescription.  Same with chronic pain and many other things.  Just start simple and escalate when necessary.  Docs take you less seriously if you are in their office real often.  And some of them will call you crazy for embracing alternative medicine.  Those kind of docs need to be fired and find one who is happy you are self advocating and more a aware of your symptoms and are usually happy when you find alternatives to boost anything medicine can offer.
  • Posted

sometimes it is good to laugh at the problem rather than make it bigger than it could really be.

rich

• Posted

well it goes with me almost 2 and half year my heart beat escape a beat and it feel super doper terrible bcoz i was thinking my heart stop beating then all of sudden it start beating again---i was yong at that time almost 26 years ..don,t worry it be bcoz of anxiety becayse i waste lot of money on ecgs + echo and all other blood test all of that come normal--omeprazole esmoprazole zantac lansoprazole will not work for me i use famotidine 40mg for 2 months i feel little bit fine now--don,t take to much stress other wise you will make it more terrible as i do for my self just take it easy its normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.