Heart squeeze pain lasts 1 second

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, all: I'm hoping for some answers or anyone thats experiencing the same.

I'm a 32 year old female. with a history of heart palpitations, PVS etc. these crazy beats would ruin my days, till i got reassured they will not kill me. the last time my palpitations episodes got bad, i was prescribed 25mg of Metoprolol. (beta blocker) about 5 months ago. this seemed to help the beats a little: Reason that I am writing in the angina forum: is because about two months ago I started getting a quick squeezing feeling in my heart that lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.

sometimes I will be at rest, last time I noticed it after a heavy work out, but no pain during working out. I exercise about four days a week and ride my stationary bike, cardio, light weight lifting. No dizziness accompanying the squeeze. i have had echos done, holter and blood tests all came back ok. but the sqeezing pain is new. could the beta blocker cause this? it feels like someone has a hold of my heart and is giving it a squeeze for one second. otherwise, no out of breath or dizzy feeling. im so worried i will drop dead.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure how to answer this but I will try, if you have had numerous tests including echo and you have been told all is well then it most probably is,, first of your pain could be muscle spasms or twinges.

You say that it's in your heart but is it breast pain or whereabouts, my doctor told me years ago after numerous tests for the same symptoms as you that not to worry about short sharp pain that lasted for seconds sooner than carry on for ages and is deep not surface.

Can you reproduce the pain on applying pressure

• Posted

thank you for answering. i cannot reproduce the pain with applying pressure. my pain is deep and visceral. (ive had sharp pains here and there) i know those are ok. reason of worry is because this is something different. it feels like a vice is squeezing my hear for a second. deeper than breast tissue, under my chest wall. i wrote to my cardiologist about this, he told me that my cardiact testing was sufficient. and not to worry. but this seems to be a new occurance. just not sure if to push for more testing, or let it go.

• Posted

Hi its good that you asked the question,, could this be Gerd, my partner suffers greatly from it and was rushed for blood tests and ecg because it was a clutch chesr pain,, I also have a friend who also considered it to be cardiac pain but was Gerd also.

My sister is similar she gets heart spasms.

• Posted

I also had this, these days or months seems to be getting better and better.

And yeah, sometimes it would happen at rest, and I was under the impression I would only get these at rest, but then sometimes started happening while walking or doing sports too.

Some years ago they found blocked arteries but solving that issue did not solved these random bumps in my heart. But changing the diet seemed to help.

Any news in your case ?

• Posted

i also have experienced this just exactly how you describe it. I take 25 mg of same beta blocker. All my test are normal. I never had this happen until I started Metatoprolol. Do you still have these episodes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.