Heart tested normal but been told it is anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 31yo male and do regular exercise weekly. 3 months ago I was driving home from work and suddenly I had a crushing chest pain on my upper left chest which then radiate to my back. I then get a sensation that builds up to my head and I felt like I was going to faint, nausea, lightheaded, trembling, palpitation. This lasted for approx 10minutes then it would come back for another 2-3 times but no more chest pain. I went to the e.r and had cardiac blood test, X-ray of the lungs, ecg and all came back normal. This really felt like a heart attack. I went to my gp and he did further investigation with stress echo and a 24hr Holter monitor and ultrasound of the heart which was also normal. For the last few months I have been getting a lot of adrenaline sensation and palpitations. I went to see a cardiologist and manage to do a ct coronorary angiogram which came out normal as well. Recently I have been having trouble swallowing and feel like I can’t breath, and still getting panic attacks, adrenaline and palpitations. Can you get radiating chest pain from panic attacks? It has been a long road as all these symptom just started randomly and I don’t feel normal anymore. Is this anxiety or heart related? The crushing chest pain that radiated to my back just didn’t feel right. Can anxiety do this?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Henry

I'm not a doctor but would say that what you are experiencing now sounds definitely like anxiety. The memory of the frightening episode you had in your car driving home. Since you've had all the cardiac investigations and nothing has been found, your heart must be sound. Cardiac pain is normally central. Since your pain was on the side I would think it was something quite unrelated that has passed now. Your body has obviously dealt with the cause of problem you had which could have easily been trapped wind which is so painful and can radiate up to the shoulder area.

I wish you well. Rescue remedy spray is great to help with panics.

• Posted

To improve is a representation of self fulfillment try balancing technique these may be beneficial.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.