Heart Thudding

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've posted on here a few times. Over the last 6days I have been on such a rollercoaster.

So Wednesday I went to work feeling fine, ten minutes in and I'm in complete panic mode. I compose myself only to have it come back an hr later. I feel dizzy, legs shaky, heart pounding, breathless etc. I leave work and spent the rest of the night not right.

Thursday morning I wake up in again full panic mode, I'd booked an app at the docs but couldn't leave my house, I was crying constantly, felt shaky, dizzy, nauseous. It was horrendous.

Friday I wake up feeling panicked but I manage to go out and even got to the bank by myself. I thought things were turning round for me.

Saturday I was too scared to get out of bed. I was shaky, shivery, heart thudding etc. I was scared that if I got out of bed I'd die ??

Sunday I went out but as I had woken feeling ok I was waiting for the panic to set in so spent the day worried about panicking and it starting the process again. On getting home I forced myself to do tea, tidy up, iron and I forgot about my shakiness and thudding heart.

Then there's today. I've been to work which is a massive step but had to leave after half a day. I've spent the afternoon not feeling myself. I had a docs appointment which I got to and didn't panic when she was ten minutes late. She has upped my meds and told me to continue taking the betablocker and said it was all to do with anxiety what I'm experiencing.

I'm sitting here now and my heart is just thudding, I've googled a normal heart rate and mine falls in that category but it's really thudding. I also feel a bit cold.

Does anyone else have just the thudding heart sometimes.

It's scaring me, I don't feel like I'll ever be free of it ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen 22954

I too have been struggling with a bad period of anxiety lately, with many of the same symptoms you are experiencing.

The heart does not have to be beating fast for you to be more aware of it, it just has to be beating harder. I get this all the time. Normal rate, but feel very beat through my shirt!

I also get aching and tension in my back, neck, throat, arms and chest, which always has me questioning if I'm actually sick with something real. But then I go to bed, relax, watch a film and voila, I feel normal and get to sleep, only for it all to start again the second I get out of bed.

Do u feel worse when you exert yourself? Say by walking, lifting and reaching for something?

• Posted

Thank u for ur reply.

I'm not sure how it changes when I exert myself as I'm too scared to do anything too strenuous. That sounds so pathetic I know but it scares me so much I'll be putting extra pressure on my heart I'm too scared to move

• Posted

I guess sometimes you can get an adrenaline rush even on meds. How long does it take the meds dosage change to begin working? Hooefully a week it will all calm back down. Did you learn how to belly breath? You can breathe down heart palps. If your too upset to focus on breathing grab a straw and breathe thru the straw, but use your belly. The straw will slow down your breathing rate. That is actually how they teach young kids so they dont shallow breathe or hyperventilate during anxiety. Breathe in slowly (thru nose or straw) tummy expands, breathe out (thru straw) tummy flattens. Yes you can feel light headed at first that better oxygen usage. Thats going to stop after you retrain yourself to properly breathe. Must use your belly for this to work. You get deeper breathes and it calms the vagus nerve, which is all frazzled from the adrenaline rush.
    • Posted

Thank u Lisa, I'm going to try the straw breathing thing.

I'll do anything to stop this feeling ??

• Posted

I seem to get this heart thudding feeling quite a lot recently and im not sure what it is but Irekon its anxiety so I thought id join this site today.About 2 hours ago I had an episode where I woke up from a sleep and my heart was pouding so fast and my heart rate was 118 bpm i felt dizzy developed a headache and found it hard to breathe after about 1 hour and half it slowed down and im feeling a bit better now just achy in my chest area. I know how it effects my daily life so I can understand how you feel. Not much I can say but just hear if you ever need too talk as I am here to talk to people who feel like  I do,
    • Posted

Thank u for ur reply

I just feel so worn down by it all I feel like it's never going to get any easier

My heart feels as though it is still thudding now but my husband said it feels normal to him

Just so fed up of feeling constantly anxious

• Posted

I know how you feel, My partner tells me I look normal and all feels normal but I feel totally different its so horrible and I know how its effecting you. Here if you ever need a chat smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.