Heart Thump! Super scary I need help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with this heart issue where it just does this big thump out of rhythm that I completely feel when not paying attention to my heart. It literally stops me in my tracks and I get really scared that its going to stop beating and i'm going to die. From what I can feel it happens about 1 to 2 times per day and scares me every time. Today it was so big of a thump that it actually felt warm in that area of my chest. It's like my heart is beating normal and then a thud like its off then about time I check my pulse its back to normal. I don't get any symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath, fatigue, or anything. It's just the scary thump that gives me this sensation of panic. Anyone deal with this??? I tell my friends and family and no one knows what I am talking about. Its so frustrating.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would guess these are premature ventricular contractions (pvc's). Year ago I woke up with a little faster heartrate and able to feel my heart beats all the time. PVC feels like a big thud, two beats stacked together. You can have multiple in a row and that will get your attention. Like you, I really don't have any other symptoms. Had weird brief one second pains and some days I have more pvc's, makes thing uncomfortable. You can get a 24 hour heart monitor to get a diagnosis.

• Posted

When you were diagnosed was there any treatment? Or medication administered? were you told it was life threatening?

• Posted

My worst one was as I was getting ready for bed one night. The thump knocked me off my feet and I landed face down on my bed.

• Posted

wow! i haven't experienced it as bad as that. I'm so glad to hear that other people deal with this as well. It's so scary man. I went to the cardiologist last year in FEB. because my heart rate would just shoot up to 140 BPM out of nowhere. I had an echocardiogram and stress test done that came back normal, but I started noticing the thumps after that. I dont want another doctors bill so im avoiding going, which lead me here.

• Posted

I used to get an occasional PVC, and once I had a 15 minute episode of a very rapid heart beat. Now I'm taking a beta blocker for mild HBP. I take atenolol, 25 mg. when I wake up, and 25 mg at bedtime. It gives me a heart beat of 55 to 60 and I almost never get PVCs anymore. Good luck to you.

• Posted

I was sitting at my desk at work and i felt my heart rate increasing because i was so in tune with my body. I was smack in the middle of the multiple times a day worse panic attacks i had ever experienced. At that time i had a heart rate monitor app on my iphone and tested it was 140.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.