heartache

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel a bit of a fraud,i have started to take fluoxetine for the 3rd time in my life,im 39.My reasons are pathetic really,my partner of 9 years has left me and my son and i havent coped with it very well.I feel so helpless and alone,i cant stop crying and i just want to go to sleep and never wake again because i cant bear feeling this way a minute longer.Im desperate for the tablets to start working,from experience i know it takes a while.I just want to feel human again.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi unhappy

There really isn't anything I or anyone can say to make all those horrid and terrible feelings go away - if we could we would that you can be sure of.

If you register with Patient UK we can give you the link to our chatroom where some people chat about depression and other things.

Or just keep ;posting your feelings here - believe it or not (IMO) posting about how you feel on here is just as good as any therapy and has helped me immensely.

Try and stay strong and remember you are not alone.

Love

Melbi xxx

• Posted

God, yes stay posting on here and we'll help you.

I didnt realise there was a forum and everything. I dont even know how to join

9 years is a long time, and ur bound to be hurting. Lean on us babe, honestly, I know how you are feeling, and u gota stay strong, God Iv been there, and u really have to believe that you dont know what is around the corner

Just take a day at a time. I still have to, cos tho im stronger, I still fall apart at times.

Just know that you are not alone - honestly - you really are not alone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Suz,

At the top of the page there is a 'Register' link, click it and enter in your details smile

• Posted

Hi all -

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say to Vanessa that I am in exactly the same position - and have also been prescribed Fluoxetine.

My husband of 3 years left me on Boxing Day. We had been together for 15 years, lived together for 9 years and would have been married for 3 years last week. It was the biggest shock of my life and I basically went to pieces.

I have been taking the tablets for about a month and it does seem to be helping - I never thought that I would be able to say that I'm feeling better, but I am. I still can't imagine life on my own, but I am able to get out of bed in the mornings. It is such a comfort to know that I'm not the only one going through this crap.

Keep posting Vanessa and let me know how things are going!

• Posted

Hi,first time ive been back to this site,i didnt think id have any replies so thanks for the messages.Im not feeling as desperate as i was a few weeks ago,although i cant say im feeling wonderful its a little easier to get through each day.Im not crying constantly anymore even though at times i feel so sad that i almost cant bear it.My ex came back for a week before deciding that he wanted to leave again and i havent heard from him for 2 weeks now.I dont know if i will ever feel happy again,im waiting for the hatred to kick in,then i,ll know im getting better.

Vanessa

• Posted

Im having a really bad day today,im struggling to keep it together.I saw my ex driving his car and that has made me feel so unhappy.Its bad enough that our relationship is over after 9 years but he's walked away without a backward glance and that is what hurts the most,its all been for nothing.I feel worthless and pointless.This is the second time this has happened to me,ive spent a total of 18 years with two men who both walked away.What's wrong with me that everyone leaves? If i didnt have my son id just die and there would be no more pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.