Heartbeat in mouth

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,my 15 year old son has started getting this odd problem when his heartbearts from just walking up the stairs , after if he opens his mouth you can atually hear it quite loudly it sound like a ticking clock and then slowly gets quieter as heartbeat slows, i phoned my gp to explain his symtoms she didnt sound overly worried but im seeing her in a few days to check as im not convinced it a normal thing, just wondering if anyone had any idea what this is or the likely cause,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow never heard of that. I've got Pulsitile tinnitus where I can here my heartbeat in my ear but not the mouth. Is he having any other symptoms? Chest pain, fever, caughing anything? I'm not a doctor but I've had a lot a work done to my heart for being only 36. And I just got the ok today from cardiologist that my hearts and arteries are all good.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your interest , hes, generally a healthy lad although he had said lately hes tired all the time but i put that down to his age , he 6ft and skinny but eats like a horse so have no worries there, someone said it could be vibrations of the heart im hearing being slim but its a clear 'tick'sound and did it with very little activity up and down stairs once!i did put it in you tube and there is a few people doing it but dosent say if its not normal, regards

• Posted

Im glad you got the all clear ive never heard of that condtion is it quite rare?
    • Posted

No my condition is common. It usually happens it people over 60 but being only 36 it could be because I'm overweight so I'm working on that really hard. Ya that's kind of weird it's sounds like you just gotta see what your doctor says and if your not satisfied with that I'd go to another one. I hope all is well with him. Keep us updated.

• Posted

hello, I wanted to know if you are well and if you found out what your son had because I currently have the same thing, and I admit that it makes me a little nervous. I am currently 15 so I wanted to know if your son still has this phenomenon today, or if it has disappeared, but also to know what it is if you know. Good evening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.