Heartbeat into 30s and dropping....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ever since l can remember lve had problems with my heart , l have POTS and have now been diagnosed with dermatomysits  which is another autonomic disorder .

I have all sorts of heart problems and have just come out of hospital after another 999 episode......so......

Each day and even worse come nighttime my heartbeat stays around the 50s ....at night its been recorded at 25 bmp , l go freezing cold, grey and look like sweaty wax, and my husband thinks lm dead .

So night after night he wakes me up to make my heart beat rise ( l now have an oximeter on my finger each night ) also my oxygen level is normally at around 92% .....until my last 999 a week ago when it dropped to ....83% for hours , l became freezing cold sweated so much l soaked all my clothing then collapsed just as l walked into my doctors surgery.

so anyone out here got this????

Any surgestions ????

lm on tons  of drugs , but nothing helps and my cardiologist doesnt seem to mind .....by the way lm 61 and can hardly walk very far because of all the pain in my legs/hips.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, my neice has POTS, she's 39 now and she also feels cold.  I hope she doesn't have any autoimmune disorders as she has an 8 year old child to raise.  Docotrs don't seem to get all that concerned about low heart rates, I've had low heart rates of 28 captured on an Ecat monitor, but they seem to be more concerned with afib, probably because of the high risk for stroke.  My oxygen levels have gone to the high 70's, but I also have pulmonary hypertension, so I know why they're going low

Most likely when you soak your clothes it could be due to an adrenal response.  I'll be 64 in 12 days, and I'm in that group of 10% with an uncorrected ASD, because 90% with uncorrected ASDs are dead by 60.  I say live life as full as you can, because you never know.

• Posted

Hi, so sorry to hear that you are another of us 'happy ' band of sweaters , sounds like an advert for a clothing store !!!!

lve been like this for so long l dont know what normal is anymore and just take every day as l can, some days its 90% of the time laying flat on the bed watching tv / videos and designing new cakes ( l have my own little cake company ) other days l bake or try and do ' normal' things ....thats a laugh .

l might do a hoover round or ironing .....and within minutes here l  go again, done to much and the tingling starts .....either head first or feet first.

l tell you ,  sweat l should hold a gold medal in the sweating   Olympics ......sorry but if l didnt have a sence of humour ld cry every day.

my 26 year old son has my condition l gave it to him , l knew it when he was just 4 years old ...yep , having been unwell since 13 years old myself lve had a number of pregnanies (3 live children + 1 adopted) l lost lmany  pregnancies  / children because of these dam problems .

But having suffered heart problems, lung, kidney and all sorts of other nasty things ....l just have to accept my mind and body do not match , l will always be like this and just have to take a deep breath, smile, grit my teeth and say ' stuff it ' and carry on ......life can be such a bummer and yet l still find time to smile / laugh.

I just wish the doctors/ consultants would get it threw their thick heads that when your oxygen level and heart beat has been very low for many hours or days ......its not nice, it bloody tiring , l get shattered , l dont know about you but l feel like lve run a marathon .

Come on  you so called 'medical professionals'  your not ostriches.... take your head out of the ground and take that ' l dint know why look of your silly face ' 

Whats the old saying ' people who bury thier heads in the sand will eventually get a great big kick up the bum ' .......well my steel toe capped wellie boots swinging your way .....mate !!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.