Heartbroken

Posted , 5 users are following.

Loving someone with bipolar depression is a terrible burden.

I wish I never met him.

The cheating part is the worst.

What to do?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

With an attitude like that, I suggest you walk away! If I heard someone say that a relationship with me is a "terrible burden" I would tell them to move along.... that's what you need to do!

• Posted

Cheating? Walk away. It doesn't matter why or what the diagnosis is, cheating is cheating and will never stop.

Walk away

• Posted

Thank you for your reponse.

I am trying to be strong and be OK with this and yes cheating is not acceptable, I know that.

I just wish I didn't have strong feelings for him.

• Posted

You are alive? You are healthy? You can work? You can function?

If your partner\spouse was just depressed, you could stay and try to help, but if there is cheating involved then why are you punishing yourself? Walk away and never look back. Nothing is over as long as you alive. 

• Posted

Cheating is cheating regardless if the person has any mental health illness or not, I believe if you can cheat once you can do it again and again. Be prepared to be hurt again and again, a cheater puts themselves before anyone else again and again. It sounds like you should be thinking of walking away for your own benefit.
    • Posted

Deborah.

Yes this past week it has been really bad, he keeps saying how sorry he is and that he loves me but this is killing me and I don't think I can tolerate this behaviour. I was always helpful with him and his mental health problems, supportive but the betrayal is too much.

Thanks for responding.

• Posted

It sounds like it's happened more than once, I get its hard to walk away, he obviously doesn't respect you and you won't be able to forget the betrayal,, if there is no trust then the relationship is dead. Sorry for being blunt, everybody is different. As a bipolar sufferer I have done plenty weird and wonderful stuff cheating on my husband is not one of them, take care and put yourself first xxxxx

• Posted

I hope you're doing okay. Cheating is the biggest betrayal, and hurts even more coming from someone you love so much. Like everyone else, I think you should walk away. Unfortunately it won't be easy. But it does get better. I promise, every day brings a little more perspective on a relationship that sounds like it was doing you a lot more harm than good.

• Posted

Thank you.

I did walk away with a heavy heart.

I try to take one day at a time.

But I feel real depressed. It's hard to fight tears all day, sleep and eat.

I keep telling myself that I will be OK, eventually. I really hope so.

Thanks for your response.

Lorena.

• Posted

It does get better, I promise.

Surround yourself with people you love, doing things you love. Keep yourself busy. 

Look after yourself in any and every way. You will be okay.

Be kind to yourself.

• Posted

I just wanted to let you know that I am in exactly the place emotionally where you are at.  I recently split with wife/girlfriend (we have been both) again for probably the 10th time.  I love here and am struggling to let go but I know its best.  I have prolonged the invitable for 6 years and have let her come back so many times.  She has cheated many times and returns to another mans house time and again.  There was a time when I felt like she was my soul mate.  The problem is when she is good things are great but when she goes into mania mode its the most awful experience in the world.  I'm sorry you are going through what you are but know there are others out here that are experiencing the hurt.  

• Posted

I'm sorry about your situation.

We were together for 2 and a half years, broke up once. The relation ship was good. He had episodes once in a while and one time almost committed suicide but I always tried to be supportive and be there for him.

He knows what he did was wrong and who knows if he cheated other times, I have my doubts.

A lot of bad things happened after I found out that is too long to explain.

We both stopped talking to each other and I miss him, but part of me knows that the possibility of him cheating again is great.

I hope this pain will stop someday and I can go on about my day without thinking about him

• Posted

I sent you a reply but I'm not sure it was sent.

I'm sorry for what you went through.

We were together for 2 and a half years and the relationship was good. We didn't have major issues, we always got along well, had a lot in common.

He had episodes but I was always supportive and respectful with his feeling and anxiety.

But everything broke to pieces when I found out of what he did and then more stuff happened that was very painful.

I'm trying to deal with this loss and how much I miss him. Not to be able to talk to him but I also know I'm not sure if we can be good anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.