Heartbroken with active recovering boyfriends decision to end things....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey

I decided to come on here as I'm just devastated by my boyfriends decision to end our relationship after 2.5 years which have been tough on us both but me especially. I manag d to get him into recovery with a small amount of help from his family late on in our relationship for help with drugs and alcohol and he was only 4 months sober and decided he couldn't be in a relationship currently as needed to find out about himself as a sober clean person and how could he love someone when he can't love himself.  I'm completely taken by surprise and heartbroken as never thought this would happen with all the effort put in throughout the years and the stronger bond because of everything we have been through. People tell me I'm better off but I still believe in him and in us and still want a future for us even if I have to wait to get it from him. People also say I've been the best thing in his life as would still be using if I hadn't had done everything I had for him. We said we'd be friends but yet I've not heard or seen from him since Friday.....its 2 weeks this Wednesday since he broke up with me. I'm just torn and emotional. Don't know what to do for the best all I think about is him and am I living in false hope for something I'll never get back???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is a forum for people who are having difficulties with their health due to substance abuse or migraine or such like. Sort your head out grow up and move on.
    • Posted

This is a rather harsh and uncalled for reply young ,man....please either retract it or at the very least apologise .....thank you. ..Sir. xx
    • Posted

Who are you to judge who should ask for help and want some kind and helpful. Are you some sick person trolling health sites and enjoys posting warped and nasty comments?
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, ,, hang in there lovey.....he must be so , so grateful for you never, ever giving up on him.....

I was in the same position. ..MY husband and all of my

Family ..never,,,ever left me in any way ....they stuck by me through thick and thin...xxx It literally saved my life.....we all need someone on our side....especially at our weakest and most lost......never lose hope in someone you love......or in that matter.....any...any other person.....hugs...hugs....hugs.....xxxx

• Posted

Natalie,

It appears that he wants to end the relationship with you, sad but I think it's true. He may have been waiting for an excuse to end it but of course I could be wrong. If I were you I would move on. I believe your young and in love and thats ok but your in a position to find a man without the baggage that may one day come to this again. Most people in recovery use once again and the percentages of him being completely clean once again are not in his favor. 

I'm sure you have done a great job in attempting to help him get clean but it's a up-hill battle and do you really want to travel this road again one day? It's time to look elsewhere and give your huge heart to someone who will not be selfish and unfeeling as this guy has done.

Please let me know how it works out for you. Time is on your side and it will be tough but you must be strong for yourself.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.