Heartburn

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am on citalopram day 8 and I have severe heartburn .I read that antiacids interact with cit causing side effects.Does anyone know how can treat the acidity?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good morning , Im not 100% sure on that ... how ever , as ive been on these for over 10 years ill give you some advice :-)

Dont take them in the morning , dont take them on an empty tummy , I take at night an hour or so after dinner , I found that if it makes you get gassey etc on an emty tummy , & if you get tired during the day , then before bed time is great :-)

• Posted

I had a tummy bug last week , and threw up for 14 hours , ended up going to the a & e and getting put on a drip... the next week i got really bag indigestion from the acid & bile i through up so i eatblack licorice and it is good for the tummy & chew gum after meals ( only after a meal , as i was never a fan of gum ....i chew xtra ( now i sound like a dam commercial ha ha )

Drink tea , you being a pom & me being half a one we all love tea any ways , so read up on the herbal .. I mean ya gotta dring something right , why not drink health tea :-)

hope my 2 blogs help ... good luck :-)

• Posted

Thanks Mark. 10years is long time.I think you forgot how you started with them.How did yo go with the side effects.I ended up in A&E few times but after 12 hrs of waiting they sent me home the same I came..
    • Posted

Ha ha nah i will never forget what my life was life ( some very dark times and bad thoughts )

My advice is start slow , eat alkaline foods when you have heart burn etc , but take the tabs before bed , But If you go out drinking hard out I skip the tabs till the next days meal though ( as that my cause reflux & or heart burn) ?? :-)

• Posted

I don't drink Mark.I never drank.I am going too see the doctor tomorrow.Thanks for advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.