Heartburn

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have  been on Amlodopine for a few months for high BP. Ive been finding harder to get out of the bed in the morning waking up as tired as i went to bed and having a nap in the afternoons. I put his down to it being the winter as the weather here in Scotland has been so wet anyway along with that have been getting more and more heartburn and indigestion since starting the tablets. It seems as im not the only one after reading this website .the heartburn is getting so bad ive made an appoint to speak to my doctor tomorrow as I am taking ranitadine like its going out of fashion and drinking so much milk, I have to do something as |I cant eat anything now.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Deffinitely go back to your GP. There are other meds you can take which may suit you better. I had very severe heartburn which I had never suffered from before. I ended up taking Zantac prescribed by my Doc. Not so bad now I am off Amlodopine.
  • Posted

Yes..its probably the Amlodopine. I had the most SEVERE heartburn whilst taking Amlodopine that I went to Dr thinking it might be heart attack it was so painful. 

Once I stopped the Amlodopine the severe heartburn stopped and I have been fine since then smile 

• Posted

Ask you doc to take you off amlodaphine.  My dad had heartburn also and tired all the time. Also ended up with peripheral artery desease which is also a possible side effect of amlodaphine.  There is also a report that some heartburn meds can increase chances for dementia.

• Posted

It's good advice to go back to your GP and get him/her to prescribe an alterative.  On a personal note I have been on Amlodopine for over 15 years without any problems - but we are all different!!   I'm also on Prednisolone (2 years) for PMR, an autoimmune disorder, along with other drugs to counter the many side effects, so this cocktail of drugs can effect different people in different ways.

Best of luck in finding an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.