Heartburn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've started getting heartburn everyday now for about 2 weeks it just started out of the blue I had it before when I was pregnant but never like this my tummys sore too I had the camera down my throat about 3 years ago all was clear then I am worried

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried over the counter antacids?
    • Posted

Yes nexium but if I don't take one it comes back with a vengeance

• Posted

Maybe you are getting acid rebound if you stop the nexium.  Keep taking it as long as it doesn't cause side effects.

• Posted

Most medications say this to discourage people from self medicating and not seeing their doctor.  My Buscopan from the chemist only gives you enough tablets for two weeks for the same reason.  If you have seen your doctor about your heartburn and he has prescribed them, then keep taking them.  Instructions on medications often vary with what your doctor has told you and can cause confusion.  If you haven't seen your doctor, take a less potent antacid like Gaviscon instead to allievate your symptoms while waiting for a doctor's appointment ot try milk so long as it doesn't upset your stomach.

• Posted

I bought these over the counter I'm going to seriously cut out anything that may aggrevate it I only drink decaf coffee I've now stopped that I have the odd Diet Coke going to cut that I don't eat onions tomatoes etc cause my ibs I have always had stomach issues of some sort think it all started getting worse after I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago I have lactofree milk dunno if drinking that would have same effect as normal milk?

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can cause a lot of complications including IBS.  You could try the lactose free milk as an antacid to see if it helps heartburn.  This is the best way of finding out for sure.
    • Posted

I blue lactofree skimmed milk in hot drinks and cereal will try drinking small glass see if that helps
    • Posted

Milk is alkaline so it should soothe your stomach.  My grandad took a glass of milk every day for his stomach ulcer and he cured it.
  • Posted

Do not use over the counter antacids to much they are not good for you! I had chronic acid reflux and Zantac was my crutch, that's not what you want you want to heal your intestines and get rid of this acid reflux! Please look into trying "instestinew" it's a powder you put in water first thing in the morning for about a month, I vouge for this stuff! It completely got rid of my daily struggle, I only get acid from drinking to much coffee and chocolate now, good luck!

• Posted

I'm going to try peppermint oil capsules first I looked at intestinnew it's very expensive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.