Heartburn and Acid Reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have the worse heartburn and acid reflux ever....I have had many tests done and was told years ago that I have a hiatal hernia which is not an uncommon thing I am told....I take nexium twice a day, but they don't do anything for me anymore, I drink gaviscon also....I watch what I eat/drink because really there is not alor that I can have of either without being bothersome to me....any suggestions/ideas....if you have it, what do you take for it?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have just started drinking Aloe herbal stomach formula it seem to help but I have said that before with stuff I have tried but it don't hurt after having this for so long I will do anything .

I have gone organic with most of my food don't eat after 7.pm and no wine life ducks lol.

• Posted

Look up manuka honey if you are not diabetic.
    • Posted

Hi Derek,

Do you think that manuka honey helps?  I have not yet tried this?

Thanks,

Amanda.

• Posted

It certain helped me but it put my blood sugar up so much that I had to stop taking it.

Google on the subject as there is a lot of advice on it out there. Trouble is that it is expensive and the cheaper ones are  lesser quality/ strength.

• Posted

I have used "Slippery Elm Bark" available in powder or capsule form. With the powder I add a small teaspoon of cinamon and a full teaspoon of honey to 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of pwder in a cup of boiling hot water. I would then use 8 teaspoons before a meal. This is to coat the esophagus and make acceptance of food easier. I find I do not have acid reflux like before, but my mouth has severe burnt areas at the back of my throat due to responding too slow to the initial symptoms, but slowly getting better.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.