Heartburn and chest pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone ever had an episode of heartburn/oesophagitis that made their sternum actually hurt or be kind of sore?

p.s. I don't take ppi's or anything

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh YES !!! Do yourself a favor and start taking something for it NOW before it gets worse. I'm from the USA and I'm taking omeprazole and I'm now on my third bottle. I have suffered, change your diet and take meds. Most of all look after yourself, drink lots of cold ice water, do not sleep flat, when you lie down it gets worse. Lots of reading material out there, use it. Peri-menopause is a bugger, worst time in my life ! Work at it and you will feel better.

• Posted

Hi Jackie

ive had bad acid reflux for a while now. Booked in for endoscopy soon. I am going through menopause. Did you have bad acid reflux and was yours solely down to menopause? Did you have endoscopy?

• Posted

Do no take ppi. They mess up your stomach and cause more issues. Stomach acid are needed to digest food and many health benefits. If you suppress your stomach acid there are so many bad side effects from cancer to boneless. If you are having pain in the sternum is mostly likely a sliding hital hernia. That is fixable with Esophgeal valvuloplasty. Do not have a nissen fundoplication. Please do your research before you seek the right treatment. I had EV and have been symptoms free and no more issues.

• Posted

omg thsnk you so much for this info...i was diagnosed with sliding hiatus hernia and for 2 years now am having acid reflux.very bad at night no matter what i eat. I wake in the morning coughing up alot of phlem.. i wake with soar stomack and many days with chest pains GP has given me PP1 s and its weakened my bones as I get to understanding it blocks calcium. My life has been a misery with this.. goingto look into EV. thanks again

• Posted

Your welcome! I was in the same exact boat as you. 2 yrs ago and they gave me a nissen fundoplication. I was on high dose of ppi. I almost died. The nissen and ppi made things worse and my esophagus got twisted with the nissen. They tried to take it down but couldn't and gave a toupet instead. 2 unnecessary surgeries. I could not eat anything. Then I found out about Dr Farid Gharagozloo who does EV in Florida. I traveled to go see him and this man saved my life. He took my nissen down completely and gave me an EV. PPI cause so much health issues and I haven't touched that poison since EV. I can eat everything, burp and throw up. No more Hernia. You can get it done laparoscopic and be back to normal in no time. Unlike the nissen fundoplication. Doctors will do this because it's gold standard and they lie to you. Once things go wrong with a nissen and usually do then want nothing to do with you. With the nissen you can't burp or throw up. It's not natural for our fundus to be wrapped around our esophagus. Please I beg you don't do nissen fundoplication or Toupet.

• Posted

Get an endoscopy. I had something similar and I got diagnosed with oesophagitis, gastritis and a hiatus hernia.

The scientific research that looked into PPIs causing cancer, was done on patients who already had h pylori, so their risk of cancer was already increased. PPIs have saved many lives and stomach cancer patients have decreased significantly since they came into use. People used to die from ulcers and untreated oesophagitis and gastritis can lead to cancer. So ignore all the scare stories the press like to hand out to sell papers. The trouble is people read headlines rather than the actual research. It is like saying acne treatment can cause scars, if you have acne you are likely to get scars, so if you use a product that helps the acne and then there are scars when the acne has cleared up, it doesn't mean the treatment caused it!

Esomeprazole is the best PPI by the way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.