Heartburn and food intolerance since mono?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been thinking about it recently after some issues today... Have any of you had issues with digesting certain foods or with heartburn? Ever since I got this awful virus, my body can't handle dairy half the time without it making my stomach hurt when I never had this issue before. And then today, after some lasagna, I got heartburn, which I've NEVER had before. Just wanted to know if anyone else is struggling with these symptoms too.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ciela,

So sorry to hear you are having issues with digestion and heartburn, these are not nice things at all and I really do hope things settle down soon. This virus is so horrible and just want to encourage and reassure that it is common for it to cause a range of weird and temporary symptoms / upset in the body that do pass over as you start to recover.

Just had a quick look up and herbs like ginger, turmeric and peppermint are all good for digestion, bromelain too. I take these supplements daily and have found them helpful. A probiotic per day perhaps a good idea too.

Hoping today can be a good and settled one Ciela and thinking about you - still believing that are going to get fully better - you will get the breakthrough and victory over this thing, just so frustrating and awful the longevity and intensity of it - thinking of you and hang in there, you will get there truly you will. God heals!

Craig

• Posted

I also can not eat gluten and dairy products to much they make me feel worse. I have gained about 6 pounds back but i am trying to eat nothing but healthy stuff. I also have trouble swallowing now which the scope today said was throat spasms. It felt like the chicken stuck in my throat but it was gonna when they went in. I noticed i did feel better after starting to eat healthier foods. Right now my nose is running like water and my head hurts but idk if that is from the mono allergies or i got a cold. I know after last night thinking i was choking has made me feel worse today. Hopefully it will get better as i have 9 days of work in a row now after i took today off and did the scope.

• Posted

Hi Josh,

Glad to hear that you have managed to put some weight back on and I hope that you are feeling more settled about that. It can be very normal to lose a few pounds during this virus, of course if it's continual weight loss it's definitely worth seeing the doctor but I do hope that it is stabilising now and you are feeling better about that.

I do hope so much you are managing to cope with your heavy working schedule, I think you have shown real determination and courage to get back to work and especially into so many days in a row. Remember to put yourself and your health above work though, if you can't manage such a punishing schedule please do take some time and try to get some days in between if possible, I know it's easier said than done with demands of different work places but remember it's important not to push things too hard during recovery and to keep getting periods of rest and doing positive and relaxing things that you find stress-relieving. Mindfulness is something I've found quite helpful lately, lots of nice and relaxing videos on You Tube you can just listen to if you get some quiet time.

Hang in there Josh, your body will continue to get stronger with time, it can be a gradual process with some ups and downs along the way but you will get there and all the symptoms will disappear completely with time - so frustrating this virus I know, but there is recovery and full and healthy life after it, truly there is Josh. It was 12 years ago since I went through an awful time with it but thanks to God's mercy and healing only I was able to recover.

Thinking of you Josh, better times ahead - believing that the worst of this is behind you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.