Heartburn, slow weight loss, diarrhea, stomach pain.., scared is cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dealing with heartburn for months now! I take anti acids every night! Have done so for over a year. Well this last two weeks I started having lose stool. I need to go basically after I eat. I wake up and I need to go. I have been working out with a trainer and never lost the weight only inches. My eating habits have been pretty bad these past few weeks. Yet everyday I lose a little weight. I have lost over 3 pounds this week.  Some morning I wake up with nausea. The pain is at my belly button, and slightly above. I’m driving my husband insane thinking is cancer. I’m also getting very depressed! I’m 27 and while cancer is rare for my age is common for females to get it that young. My doctor scheduled a stool sample for h pylori. I asked to be scheduled for a barium swallow x-ray for peace of mind from ulcers and hopefully peace of mind of cancer which is the big fear. But I didn’t tell my GP I was scared of cancer. I don’t know I’m just getting more and more depressed and worried. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello. So sorry that you are experiencing so many symptoms. Have you also thought about having a colonoscopy? Even though you are so young I think that is appropriate at least you could ask. Good luck and write as often as you need. Diane
  • Posted

Dear yaradith I can see why you would worry about the weight loss but with the stress of worrying about cancer are you eating less I have lots of health issues and find I'm rarely hungry and have lost a lot of weight but I agree I would ask for a colonoscopy I wish you luck and keep us posted

• Posted

I’m not sure about a month ago I started working out then gained weight over night. Now I’m losing not a great amount but .2 to .4 a day. For the last 45 days I wasn’t able to lose weight so this is new to me. My pain is like gas pain like I need to go but I don’t. But I have had an increase in gas. I asked my doctor for an appointment so we can talk about everything. I mean it could be as small as a change in diet not going well for me. Or as big as cancer. 
  • Posted

Yaradith I also have a lot of trapped gas I've had scopes and an egd ultrasound recently I hope this reassures you but nothing was found there but I'm concerned mine is female related I hope you get answers soon

• Posted

Thank you I really hope is nothing! This week I have gone from diarrhea to constipation it sucks! Pretty much all of my symptoms started this last week. My doctor on vacation until the 3. By then I hope some things get better. 
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like ibs but peace of mind is priceless don't let the doctor fob you off because of your age I had a hard time getting a doctor to do my scope because of my age I really had to push but it's that way every time I see a doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.