Heartrate all over the place when i wake up

Posted , 3 users are following.

So im 23 years old male, recently ive been very anxious and stressed every day so im basically bed bound because its making me ill, anyway i read that very low activity from being in bed all the time causes bradycardia, which goes to 53 at lowest when im awake, but my main concern is when i go sleep ill wake up and any sort of movement and my heart rate instantly doubles, like it will be in the 50s, i will move my legs and it will go upto 110 for about a minute and drop, and last night when i twisted round it went upto 135 bpm and took like 5 minutes to settle down, i must say i was and still am very stressed so no doubt it took a few minutes to drop back, but it just worries me so much, like my bedside table is on my left and i was lying on my right hand side, which meant the table was behind me and just twisting my upper body and head around while keeping my hip and legs in fairly the same place causes it to double in heart rate scares me, when im awake in bed my heart drops to like 50s but when i twist and turn it jumps sure, but not by that much, usually 10-20bpm when ive been awake a while, like when i stand up in the day it will jump up to like 90-100 and will settle down at like 80-90 while standing, but if i do this when i wake up it shoots up to 140bpm and settles down at like 115-120, considering it only happens at night when ive been completely still for 5 hours or more makes me think its to do with my nervous system and the fact i havent moved much considering its no where near as dramatic when im awake, anyone had this and has any answers?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Josh,

I am kinda wondering if because you are having extreme anxiety, this might be your cortisol. Which can make your heart react.

Maybe research that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.