Heartrate high

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all this isnt anxiety related sort of thing but here goes....I hat 2 and a half cans of blackcurrant cider earlier on like 7 to 8 hours ago now I'm laying in bed its 2.49am here in the uk and my heart rate is at 101bpm could it be the alcohol doing that my anxiety with my health mostly evolves around my heart I'm always convinced I'm going to die of a heart attack one day etc constantly check my pulse hence how I know it's at 101 just now anyone else experienced this or just me xxxxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Do you have anxiety? i have anxiety and health anxiety and if i have even a couple drinks my heart rate goes up, it wakes me up sometimes and its very uncomfortable

• Posted

Hey Meghan do you generally sleep really well? Do you ever wake up with racing heart and feel shakey at all?

• Edited

hi, i dont really sleep well. I have trouble falling asleep and i have 3 kids, 2 of which are up and down most nights so always a broke sleep. Every single time i wake up out of a sleep i feel like im trembling inside, sometimes my heart is racing but more the trembling gets to me and feel like im floatint almost!

• Posted

I'm exactly this, up at 12 shaking bad, takes 30 minutes to calm down then up most of the night, So damn hard to cope with. Feel for you as it would be even harder as you have the kids to worry about - Have you found anything that helps with the shaking? Mornings are especially bad. I have tried Magnesium supplements which seem to have a somewhat calming effect, maybe something you could try?

Hope we get through this - No easy task though that's for sure.

• Edited

i feel more at ease knowing someone else has this!! Its certainly not a good feeling at all, i get it everytime i wake even to turn during the night my body feels like its floating. What supplements have you tried because id like to try them? I havent tried anything for the shaking but i do take cbd oil everyday and night and it definitely calms my nerves! I think this trembling/floating sort of feeling could maybe just be pure exhaustion? I hope you feel better soon!!

• Edited

Sorry for the late reply meghan, generally I have fish oil and I have just ordered a different type of Magnesium called Magnesium Glycinate apparently quite a few anxiety sufferers have had real good effect with them with sleep. Worth a shot 😃

• Posted

I've been waking up at night when I turn from laying on my side and notice my heart rate speeds up which causes anxiety and it speeds up more. It's usually just after midnight. I drink bottled water, sit on the couch and begin EFT tapping...this helps me. My heart rate returns to normal in about 3 minutes or so but it's terrifying!

• Posted

I get the exact same thing with lying on side bird, are you still getting this a couple days later? How many hours a night are you getting of sleep? I'm lucky to get 3-4 hours a night of drugged sleep it's so bad. Something I normally do is put a cold flannel on forehead when going to sleep find it helps quite a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.