Heat

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know with no hormones the body doesn't adjust as it used to but is anyone else experiencing very hot periods of times, they seem longer than a hot flash.  I seem to get very hot and it takes a very long time for me to cool down.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think it’s normal...it is for me at least. There are things that make it worse, caffeine makes me much worse. Nobody really talks about how bad hot flushes are so although I’d heard them mentioned and was aware they’d happen I assumed they would literally be over in seconds but I basically feel like boil in the bag, sometimes for a very long time. Might be worth speaking to your gp as they may be able to offer helpful advice. The best I can say is that you’re not the only one. 
  • Posted

Hi Cara

I think because of my age I was given HRT to start immediately. From the Esmaya medication I was on prior to surgery, I had some horrible hot flushes, so glad not to be going through those as well as recovering.

IF they are causing you issues get to your GP for some HRT Even if it is just for a short time until your body adjusts.

I hope your recovery is going well?

Best wishes

Anita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.