Heat in legs that only goes away with antibiotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

If anyone can help me or share a similar experience, I would be so grateful. The doctors keep saying it's one thing, but I don't feel it's that.

About a month ago, my legs started tightening, like I can feel a rope tightening and pulling when I walk. Then my walking on the left leg felt difficult. If I walk too much the legs give up. I cant lift them up or walk. First, I could walk without a problem , then after 5 minutes outside I can barely move.

Then the burning started, I feel like my legs the upper part is on fire. It gets so bad, tears are coming to my eyes.

I did an s-can and a MRI on the legs and spine, plus checked all the nerves in the head. The spine is perfect and all the nerves completely healthy. On the MRI there is a cyst in the upper leg, they said something the fluid has escaped, and bones are rubbing but they aren't even sure of that. Maybe the cyst is from something else.

They keep giving me pain medication and telling me eventually I would need a hip replacement , but I don't feel or have ever felt pain. I don't feel like my bones are the problem.

The only thing that is helping is the antibiotic I'm taking on my own hand. It takes the heat away and I can more easily walk.

I start to feel the heat on the other leg, but there is no cyst.

I don't know what to do, went to all the doctors but they don't know what's wrong and I can't keep drinking antibiotics for rest of my life.

Please some help me if they may have any idea what might be wrong.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Please believe the diagnosis when a total hip replacement is diagnosed. Most probably the cyst mentioned is in the ball joint which is a direct break down of the soft tissue between the bone showing damage to the joint causing your pain. Which is the result of a cyst or pseudo tumor from the decaying joint...called osteoarthritis usually due to age -wear and tear . Millions have THR surgery every year. THR surgery will eliminate the pain which will only get progressively worse if not addressed ...and THR surgery will give you mobility and independence for many years.

Ask for X-Ray will show the damage to the ball joint and to the femur . Check out you tube videos that describe the pain from this condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.