Heat intolerance and sweating.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Was wondering what I could do to help my issue with my sensitivity to heat.

I use to weigh 180 pounds and dropped to 135 through dieting. Though I lost alot, I still have some remaining at various parts of my body, mainly the stomach, thigh, and rear.

My issue is that I am incredibly sensitive to heat and that even the slightest increase over 20 degree celsius or 68 fahrenheit gets me very uncomfortable. I don't smoke but i get out of breath easily.

What could my issue be? Could it be hyperthyroidism? Anything I could do from a local drug store?

Thanks for any advice and tips

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is exactly what happened to me - I put up with it for ages and anything could trigger it a glass of wine, going into a meeting, a warm room or even rushing to get dressed to out - I'd have to go and stand outside to try and cool down - it was as if my core temperature was out of control! Only after I had become very ill with Graves and been hospitalised for two weeks did things start to get better with the right meds - carbimozol and thyroxin for 8 months then block and replace - that i'm very pleased to say has worked (for now!).  I suggest that you get you bloods checked asap - as for anything over the counter?  I don't think so sorry! neil
  • Posted

Hi Kenny, you need to get your bloods done asap.  You have described my symptoms perfectly and I was very ill until my doctor requested a blood test which resulted in a graves disease diagnos.  Your doctor will probably prescribe anti-thyroid meds which will help with all those awful symptoms.  Call your doctor today smile
  • Posted

I was exactlly the same before being diagnosed with graves disease so definately get checked out.  How is your eye sight?  are you getting any blurred vision?  also do you get puffed out easily or shakey hands?  these were other symptons i had as well.    Wasnt till i was on medication that it improved....best of luck. 
  • Posted

Be sure and report the shortness of breath to your doctor.
  • Posted

SOUNDS LIKE IT, THOSE ARE SOME OF THE SYMPTONS I HAD

SEE UR DOC AND HAVE TESTS RAN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.