Heat irritation.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just got a new job in an office. My symptoms up till now have been very mild which has been so great. But now that I'm sitting all the time my lady parts are getting a bit raw from heat I think. Any suggestions for a cooling cream or powder or something like that? I already wear very loose clothing and never wear underwear.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is there a possibility to do your work while standing a bit more? 

It's indeed the heat that doesn't, isn't it.  What I've done the other day was mix a few drops of tea tree oil in the coconut oil. Didn't feel unpleasant actually.  Perhaps you can mix in other herbal drops as well.  Bit of trial and hopefully no error. 

• Posted

Following this discussion, as I have the same problem!

Last time I had a flare up, my gyno suggested that I use Triple Paste (or any diaper rash cream) on the days I wasn't using Clobetasol. I find this to be helpful with heat irritation as well. Use sparingly, as it can be a little messy. I suggest using a panty liner with it. Other times I'll take a paper towel and blot some cold water to try to cool the area down.

If you find anything else that helps, let me know!

• Posted

What a nightmare. Have you tried washing with aqeous cream? It was the only thing I could tolerate on my excema and I now use it to wash down below, its gentle and soothing. Do be careful with essential oils, seek guidance as the wrong ones can be very irritating to the skin. How about loose cotton pants with a thin pad that has been kept in the fridge? My daughter buys pads that are hand made out of organic cotton, designed for periods but quite thin and would lend themselves to being used as an ice pack? If you look on Etsy and put in 'period pads' several versions are available. best wishes.

• Posted

have you ever seen those elevated desks where you stand while you work.  i'm trying to convince my husband to get one because he gets low back pain.  sitting is the worst thing for human beings.  we have not yet evolved to the point where our spine can support our head and neck, and terrible for ls sufferers.

• Posted

I have not tried this, but while reading the entry on this site of a truck driver who has to sit for long hours, I thought what if she sat on a doughnut-shaped cushion that would allow the genital area to breathe a little? It's something I might try.

• Posted

It might be good to think of the best design for a doughnut shaped cushion, one that truly allows some circulation of air, or perhaps a cushion that massages so that long hours of sitting is not affecting LS so much. What could such a cushion be made of perhaps? 
    • Posted

Maybe it could be a doughnut-shaped cushion fixed to a flat doughnut-shaped piece of wood that sits on small wooden slats. The slats would allow air to pass through yet provide discretion. Ideally, the cushion would be made of something that doesn't get too hot or sweaty, and is comfortable.

• Posted

At home I use a cushion that is originally designed for people in wheelchairs.  I have cut a hole in the middle.  However, these cushions are fairly heavy to cart along, though I sometimes take it with me.  Especially to places where I know the seating will be impossible for me otherwise. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.