Heat stroke and long term

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I believe to have had a heat stroke during a music festival in the summer. All the symptoms relate to it or heat exhaustion but I lead more to heat stroke because I stopped sweating and feeling cold and heart rate was racing. But when I started feeling OFF it felt like a panic attack . But yea I wanted to know if anyone knew of long term effects for heat stroke or heat related illness ? I'm currently stuck with anxiety and DP/DR after that. Wanted to know what long term effects I might experience or should I get tested. I did an MRI about a month ago and doctor said everything was fine with my brain so I shouldn't expect that the heat stroke did brain damage right ?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

right!
    • Posted

You think so rolleyes? I worry about it since I read it could. And that some people die even months after having one

• Posted

Please don't believe this, unless you were in a coma, then its possible you could die a while later, I couldn't find anything on reputable sites that said this.

If there was long standing problems it would have shown on MRI, please don't stress yourself, and if your still worried go and talk t your GP

• Posted

Yea I don't know why I went back to google even tho I had told myself to never go back and hadn't in many weeks.

Thanks for taking your time to calm me down and reassure me in all this I appreciate it ! I actually feel a bit more calm and just have to keep telling myself I'm fine ! Google sites are he worst enemy

• Posted

Its not a problem, I know exactly where your coming from and I really do understand, you will only die from heat stroke if you go sit in very high temperature and go past heat exhaustion ( which I think is what you had )and then ignore it till you collapse, your not going to do that so your fine, remember so you never feel like this again, wear a hat, drink plenty of water and stay chilled
    • Posted

Yea it just felt so horrible I was so cold and couldn't sweat and kept having trouble breathing . And I guess the thought came back when my hand started shaking a lot and I have this weird "light as a feather" body feeling it's weird all of a sudden lol imma just try not to think about it so much and stop overthinking so much it's my worse enemy

• Posted

It is for anyone with HA you have your life in front of you, don't waste it on what could be,s, you don't get to come back and do it again

• Posted

My partner had really bad heatstroke years ago, but he was older and had high bp, I asked if there would be any lasting effects and they said no, so who told you it cause problems much later? If u had MRI and it was good I can't see there's any residual problems, it sounds like some of your symptoms now could be panic/anxiety related.

• Posted

Honestly I was on the internet checking to see how long before I can work out intense again and it popped out in the article how it could have long lasting effects or even death after a couple months so it just got me scared TBH rolleyes probably over thought it but when your anxiety grabs a hold on a thought it's hard to let go.

And out of nowhere I get minor symptoms where my right hand starts shaking on stop or my right side of my face hurts so it brings it back uprolleyes thanks for your reply tho it's reassuring to know !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.