Heat Therapy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone has tried heat therapy for aches and pains?

The spasms in my hip have increased over the past few months. I'm currently doing some yoga moves (very gently though) but they still come on, especially at night or while i'm beginning to fall asleep.

i saw a fantastic doctor who took me seriously and suggested heat therapy maybe a good idea, or even sitting in a sauna. She even suggested a little light swimming.

Has anyone tried heat therapy? Has it worked for you? Or can anyone suggest something to calm down these spasms.

thank you,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I find heat of any kind helpful for joint pain or spasms. I use an electric heat pad or hot water bottle when sore. You might find it helpful to have a hot bath or shower before bed and use a pillow to adjust your sleeping position to keep your spine in line. If you sleep on your back try a pillow under your knees and if you sleep on your side try a pillow between your knees. Keep going with the yoga as it will definitely help with joint mobilization. I haven't tried swimming or a sauna but they might be worth a try too.

• Posted

thank you for your help. i dont suffer with pain its just the spasms during the night that gets to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.