Heath anxiety ruining my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

My health anxiety is affecting my life, all started from worried that I had a blood clot in my leg after having calf pain, gp said cant be that after a negative d dimmer and 3 negative ultrasounds spaced weeks apart, but after reading stories online that they can be missed I was never convinced I didn't have one, then came a onslaught of symtoms in the weeks that followed .. Dizziness , feeling faint and unbalanced , pains all over body , stomach pain, feeling shakey and tired , and heaps of others, but the newest one , feeling short of breath / suffocating ... It comes and goes, sometimes lasts hours some times lasts mins ... But I'm really starting to think this isn't anxiety and that a blood clot has been missed and moved to my lung and I'm heading to a big problem ... Iv had all sorts of tests .. Bloods, ekgs, 24 hour heart monitor , spirometer , ultrasound of heart , as well as every time I went to the gp ( like 40 times ) my blood pressure was good, heart rate gets a little high but I can relax that down to a normal rate most days.. I went back to the gp yesterday to tell him my breathing problems are still there and he said if it doesn't go away he's going to scan my lungs just to be sure, but he's very sure it's anxiety/panic .. But I'm not convinced ... Anyone else had this sort of thing happen? In the space of a month

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Wvery single person on this site has or has had every single thing you just wrote!!!! If you scroll down the many discussions in this forum you will read your own story again and again and again. You Ryan are a unique person, but there is absolutely nothing unique about your symptoms. We read this hundreds of times a week every week.

I said all that to say this, the faster you accept that you are dealing with anxiety, the faster you can begin to get your life back. Everyone with anxiety comes here with their thoughts scaring them out of their socks......every one. These are only thoughts, not real...this is what anxiety does..lies to you.

In the state you are in, your doctor , who knows it is anxiety, should be discussing anti anxiety meds with you. They saved me...I thought I was going insane or having a stroke...neither was true, of course. The meds got me calm enough that I could think clearly enough to look for ways to help myself. I found my way here where I found caring, open, compassionate people who have all been where I was. What a group.

You will be hearing ideas, suggestions and encouragement. Stay with the forum, Ryan, you are in the right place. In the meantime, do scroll through other discussions. I you are really ready for help that will of great benefit to you. We are glad you are here, Sweetie

Oh, by the way I didn't have all the horrible things happen in a month...it was less that a week. eek I am sooo much better now.

• Posted

Sorry, first word should be Every
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, it is nice to here that it's a good chance it's anxiety. It's just I don't seem to have any emotional anxiety, the only thing I'm worried or anxious about is the physical symtoms

• Posted

Hi, I know how you feel I was taken to hospital about 3 weeks ago as I had chest pain couldn't breathe fast heart rate and pains in my leg. I was told I didn't have a blood clot just a viral infection. The pain in lungs and chest went about 2 weeks later but I still experience the leg pain and sometimes the pain comes on. I went to doctor who said all is fine just if I get short or breath and get the worse pain in my chest call someone as maybe a clot. She had me worried constantly after telling me this. I get the leg pain still and I'm always worrying is it a clot. This has been going on for weeks and I'm okay I think these are symptoms of anxiety. X

• Posted

Glad to here you ok, but see I hate when my gp says stuff like that to me, " I'm sure it's just anxiety BUT if you have this this this and this symtom go to hospital " ... Great so your sure but not that sure .. haha, all fun and games

• Posted

I know it annoys me too as I'm leaving there more worried than I was when I went lol. I think it's all just anxiety and something we just have too learn too get over. I'm new to this site joined as I had no one too talk too and glad there 're people who understand my symptoms.

• Posted

Yeah for sure! ... It's just hard to accept this is a anxiety ... Mainly as it mimics so many other serious health problems

• Posted

I know I feel the same. I think but surely this isn't anxiety this has too be something more serious this can't be anxiety then I make myself worse lol

• Posted

Just in the US alone, there are over 23.000,000 cases of REPORTED cases a year,  saying and experiencing just what you are. Who knows how many more are not reported or treated. It is estimated that at least 25 % of the world is dealing with this, and all of them thinking those scary thoughts are real and not just thoughts. So you see there is no such thing as JUST anxiety. It is a terrible thing. Physical stuff can be dealt with quickly...not this, one of the reasons is that the person doesn't believe he has it. Hugs, Ryan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.