Heavily addicted to heroin and ready to detox

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been addicted to oxycodone and heroin for 2 years and my tolerance has gone through the roof.  I’ve spent so much money and I’m sure once I get sober I’m gonna really start having a pity party for myself.  I tried detoxing before but I took my Suboxone too soon and the misery I went through from precipitated withdrawals sent me straight back to an even heavier addiction.  My story is similar to so many but I’m so scared of withdrawals.  I’ve managed to get my hands on 6 Suboxones and  a full prescription of klonopins so I’m going to try again.  I don’t even get any enjoyment out of these drugs anymore.  This time I’m going to force myself to wait at least 24 hours but I’m up to a minimum of 150mg of oxycodone and 2 grams of heroin a day.  I can’t believe I even function at this level.  I’m hiding this from everyone so I have nobody to turn to for support.  Anyone going through this and wants to share experiences or just words of encouragement I’m here.  I’m not a religious person but I do know it’s gonna take something or someone stronger than myself to get me through this.  I’m only 8 hours in and feel like death but I’m sure a lot of it is in my head.  The struggle is real but if I don’t do this now I’m afraid for my child growing up without a mom.  I pray the Suboxone helps me being  I’m coming off such a large habit.

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Stacy

I'm so sorry I haven't replied to you sooner.

I'm sorry that I cannot help with regards the Heroin but my problems like so very many in the states, (I'm in the UK) started with a prescription for Oxycodone for degenerative disc disease in my back, before being put onto Oxycontin, (which is Heroine anyway, just legal), which I was on for around 9yrs. Towards the end I was taking close to 1500mgs per day every single day.

It totally destroyed my life & very nearly took my life!!!

I have been totally free from all Oxy now since August 2016.

I started a taper & was doing great till I got down to 320mgs per day & that's when it went really bad for me till I was put on methadone to stop withdrawals. I started on 115mils of methadone per day & have now dropped it to 30mils per day. I'm hoping to be completely off of it by the end of the year.

Well done for even trying to claim your life back for you & your child Stacy, you've already done the first main step!!

If I can do this Stacy, even though I admit it is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, then anyone can do it & so can you!!

I'm here if you ever need a chat.

Take care

Ritchie xx

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up