Heavy arm and stiff neck

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am suffering with heavy arm, stiff neck and decreased mobility. has anybody tried neuro physio if so does it work and any suggestions please.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

It was mentioned by my phisiopherapist. But I haven't heard from him for 3 months. My gp had referred me to a couple of places. I'll let you know if it has anything to do with your query x

• Posted

Angela, By far I'm no doctor but I'm concerned (based on your complaints) it isn't FMS. Sounds more like a pinched nerve. According to what I've been told FMS generally attacks the soft tissue of the body. That must be painful and frightening at the same time. I have no advice as I believe you mentioned seeing a neurologist already. But I certainly hope you reach out until you find the correct answer. Thoughts and prayers

• Posted

haven't seen a neurologist yet.. had MRI on cervical spine awaiting results now. it all started with pins and needles in arm now its left me with a heavy arm which in turn pulls my neck down and feels heavy. only relief is when I'm lying down

no offence to drs. but such a long wait for diagnosis. thanks for taking time to reply. best wishes

• Posted

had results of MRI, arthritis in neck plus muscles in neck too close together causing pressure on nerves, was told to increase tablets I take for anxiety from 15mg to 30mg. my arm feels so heavy now itss making my neck even more uncomfortable I only get relief when lying down. this is now affecting my walking as starting to get tingling in right leg only. to say I'm scared is an understatement. pains in head a little defused. can't say I'm enjoying life at mo, I just want to get better but wondering if that's possible now

• Posted

I have suffered this for years, I finally went to an Osteopath as I woke up one day and could not move, my neck and shoulders had seized up, it was the best thing I've ever done, I had to pay for the first couple of appointments, then my GP referred me under the NHS so now it's free, I go every 2-4 weeks its also good for my fibromyalgia knots in my arms and legs, give it a go so worth it

• Posted

I think your advice for Angela is excellent and believe me if I could find one in the Sarasota/Bradenton area that still gives adjustments I'd be there in a heartbeat. I did find one and his adjustments were a great help but he doesn't accept any type insurance and charges in excess of $100 per treatment. How did you go about finding an Osteopath that gives adjustments. I would so want to find one that I can afford and set up regular treatments. Do you have any suggestions?

• Posted

you know you're done when hubby has to cut up your food

• Posted

Hi, Angela! is your arm feeling stiff at times, as well? I experience both these symptoms.

• Posted

sorry for delay I only just saw your post. yes my right arm does feel stiff, although it does sometimes loosen up. I feel as if I am carrying a ten pound bag of spuds, it really pulls me down. don't know if I'm doing right thing, but going to try a chiropractor. what about you are things easing up, or getting better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.