Heavy bleeding, clots, smell, tired, in pain stomach an back

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi I was hoping someone could help, every month I take my period I have massive blood clots some the size of a small orange, some months it knocks me right of my feet were the pain is that intense I can't walk with pain in my stomach and back..I have an awful smell, headache and feel very emotional, I have had children but this has only started from December..it's terrible I can literally do nothing for 2 weeks then only getting over it when it starts again, some months r worse than other does anyone experience this? If so what is it? My doctor puts it down to heavy periods, but i no there's something wrong xx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ladies. I have been diagnosed with a misunderstood diagnosis called endometriosis. I have been diagnosed for 6 years and have had a hard time with finding doctors who are much help because of lack of education on this issue. I went through four surgeries to remove Endo, one to tie tubes, a cyst removed, and ovary removed. I suffer with horrific pain that doesn't necessarily come every month but when it does it is unbearable. Severe pain is never normal. My mother, sister, my aunts have all had the issue and all aunts have had hysterectomies. I have had to quit working. Nothing helps my pain. Nsaid meds make the bleeding worse so I have to avoid any ibprophen or aleve. I have several anxiety. The only medication that calms the pain is an anxiety medication which calms the contracting like cramps. I have had two kids. I get throbbing, burning pain and can not get off the couch some days. I have pain in pelvic area that radiates through the back to where I can't walk or get rest some nights. I've lost weight and have become anemic on several occasions. I do not recommend the lupron Depot shot for this issue. It causes bone density issues which led to me losing teeth at a young age. The list goes on. Endometriosis differs in every women. Some women have no symptoms at all. I pass blood clots, have excessive bleeding. I hope this helps some of you.

https://patient.info/health/endometriosis-leaflet

Emis Moderator comment: I have replaced the article that was pasted here with a link to the equivalent article on our site.

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound. I have fibroids continual clots awful waiting new medication to shrink. Awful. Good luckĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.