Heavy bleeding with clots after open Myomectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an open Myomectomy 18 days ago, with 19 fibroids removed. I was told some light bleeding & spotting was normal. However 2 days ago I started bleeding like a period, I am taking the pill which should prevent bleeding & ive had 4 zoladex injections prior to surgery. I am worried the op has not resolved the situation of uncontrollable bleeding before op. It is the weekend so can5 contact doctor at this poin5 but I am very worried and stressed by the level of bleeding. Does anyone know if this is normal? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could it be your normal cycle? Has your uterus shrunk? 18 days is about enough timeto build endometrial lining fora period. If you still have an enlarged uterus then the period will be heavy. Took my uterus about 3-4 weeks to start shrinking. Also my period came 5 days after surgery as planned. The bleeding was enough to change pads twice aday but incomparable to the hemorrhaging from fibroids. I was not on any meds to stop my period before surgery so my experience may or may not be relevant. I hope its just your cycle before the shrinkage in uterine volume you deserve! Do see your doc
    • Posted

Thank you for your message, yes my uterus was very enlarged, size of a 22 week pregnancy, so I have wondered if the bleeding is associated with the shrinkage. I am skipping the pill though and assumed that would stop me having a period. 
  • Posted

Well, If you still have an enlarged uterus (and that would be not unexpected at 18 days post) you could have built lining in all that volume. Do ask your gyne If that makes sense if he/ shehas no other explanation. All the best Molly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.