Heavy chest feeling?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else experience a heavy chest feeling that comes and goes? It's not pain and I can continue with my daily activities when I have it. Physical exertion does NOT make it any worse so I don't really think it's heart related. I had an EKG in July and all was fine. Anyone else? Is it hormone related?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Yes I get this too. I used to think it was heartburn but found out it was related to anxiety. A while back I posted something entitled "Over 100 anxiety symptoms." A lot of what we experience is because of anxiety. Our hormones have caused our nervous system to be thrust into a constant "flight or fight" response which makes us feel anxious and nervous all the time. The only way doctors know how to treat it is by prescribing antidepressants. Boo! Hiss! I don't like the side effects. I try herbal remedies instead or deep breathing. You kinda have to experiment with different things to see what works for you. Hope this helps.
  • Edited

I do experience that too. I too have had tests done and everything cones back normal. My doctor said it's related to my anxiety. I truly believe it's hormonal because it started after my other symptoms started. I did have a complete blood work of my hormones and it all came back abnormal. My doctor said I'm definitely going through the change😣
  • Edited

Hi,I ve been experiencing a heavy chest feeling,I have put mine down to acid reflux and anxiety,I ve been anxious all day and I have no reason to be,so I take it it's my hormones,i seem to be constantly in fight or flight,I can't wait for all this to end 😊X
  • Posted

Yes, mines like a swollen heavy feeling...my doc said its all part of acid reflux 😔
  • Posted

It could be acid reflux that you are experincing 

When you have bad acid reflux that can make the chest feel heavy and painful talk to your doctor about it

• Edited

Thanks for all your answers. It probably is acid reflux. I have a small hiatal hernia and I have been experiencing a lot of heartburn since peri started. I never knew that it could cause the heavy chest feeling though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.