Heavy/Chronic Bleeding After (BM)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been experiencing heavy bleeding after a (BM) on and of for the last maybe 3/4 years, I have been examined and also had a colonoscopy which was all clear, I was diagnosed with a anal fissure, I have tried orange fibre drinks and a better diet, I am still suffering, I can go a few weeks with no problems and then its like something irritates it and Im back to square one, has anyone else experience this ? The blood that comes out is heavy dripping bright red but eventually stops when wiped, I've been back to the docs but with not much help, I'm hoping someone on here maybe has the same on going problem and any advice many thanks  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact same thing for 2 years now. Also had a colonoscopy biopsies, endoscopy biopsies, labs, ultra sounds, ct scans. All clear. Very frustrating I know. I am going for my second colonoscopy in less than two years Wednesday. I hope you find answers. xx
  • Posted

Sounds like internal piles, these sometimes get missed in colonoscopies. I wouldn't worry too much unless you lose weight and become anemic. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.