heavy, clotting 6 week period

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi!

Mid april I was spotting a wee bit but then on 26th of april i started bleeding. very light, thought it was my period, and then it kept coming and going every other day ish. until mid may where everything got EXTREMELY heavy. massive bleeds and big clots/alot of clots at a time. no cramps though. that went on for about 5/6 weeks all in all. It suddenly stopped friday 21st and then friday 28th it came back. heavy. big clots. same as before. except this time with pain. i get alot of pain on my left (ovary?) side rather than my right and that seems to be the case here too. its just insane levels of bleeding for me for such a long amount of time.

ive already been to the GP and they gave me essentially a pap smear (which i should get results back for this week) and referred me for a TV ultrasound which could take around 8 weeks to hear back. I just dont know the level of concerned i should be as its so heavy and for so long

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.