Heavy Discharge, Sore Breasts, Negative test

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 34 years old and have PCOS and have had Amenorrhoea for last couple of years. i have intermittent sex with my partner, but don't use any contraceptive. I have been taking Fluoxetine antidepressant long term.

For the last month or so,  i have had a very heavy vaginal discharge. It has the normal mild inoffensive smell & the normal egg white type appearance (clear with a very slight yellowish tinge) there is just a lot more of it than usual (i didn't really think much of it). There is no itching or redness, so i don't think its thrush. For the last couple/few weeks my breasts have been very tender, especially my nipples. Last week i took a home pregnancy test (it was an old test that i had in the cupboard) just on the off chance. i took the test at approximately 11pm. It came back with a negative result. However a week later i still have very tender breasts, also my breasts seem larger than normal (although this may be my imagination).

I'm not specifically trying to conceive as i am currently quite overweight, and with the lack of periods assumed it was pretty much impossible, but i would be very happy if i was pregnant, so i can't help feeling there is a certain amount of wishful thinking involved. 

Is it possible i could be pregnant but my HCG levels are too low to register? or is there another more likely explanation (possibly caused by the PCOS)?

Thank You

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I go through the same thing.. The discharge sore breast and everything else and I take a pregnancy test basically every time it happens (guess outta hope I will be pregnant) I think it has to do with the PCOS but you are also right about the low HCG level may also be a factor. I would recommend talking to who ever is helping you with the PCOS doctor wise and explaining your symptom to him/her to get a better understanding. Sadly I don't have a direct answer but I would like you to know that I am dealing with the same problem good luck :-)
    • Posted

Me too, sore breast thing, read my post later very important. It goes undiagnosed because we think its a natural part of our condition. Its not. Have your Gyno check your prolactin levels while they are sore. Trust me my test may very well have saved my life.
    • Posted

I am dealing with the same thing and I as well don't have a direct answer but is interested I will call my ob and ask her see what she says. I have pcos as well and was told I had pcos and maybe endametousis.
  • Posted

Oh my its like you are my body lol I haven't exactly the same thing happing and have PCOS.. and I'm clueless .. did you ever happen to find out if yu were indeed pregnant or not? Or what was going on! Please let us know as soon as you can! Xoxo Jaz
    • Posted

Something just for kicks: My grandpa would have told me to take my blood inject it in a rabbit if the rabbit died I am prego if not im not. LOL jk dont try that. Anyways a quick trip to the Gyno will tell you they can exam utlrasound and even blood test you.
  • Posted

Wasn't Pregnancy unfortunately. about a week or so later i had a bleed. i'm wondering if it was just with the Amenorrhoea, it took my body longer than normal "preparing" for the period? seems to be a few other people experiencing the same thing, so there must be a link to the PCOS there.

good luck all :-)

• Posted

Something my gyno said may help. Sometimes the reason for the Amenorrhoea is our eggs are not maturing properly sometimes due to Insulin resistance. She says once we balance our insulin resistance and ensure all other organs ex: Liver Kidneys spleed and pituitary gland are healthy. It will make such things a thing of the past for most people.
  • Posted

I am 27, I experienced the exact symptoms quite often. I went to several ers and several Gyn. because on the back end of those symptoms came a much larger issue. I found my self with the period that never ended. I waited 4-5 months for my period I just assumed I was too stressed to cycle. I never put 2 and 2 together and realized that I could be pregnant (I often miss cycles) My breasts have gotten very sore (another thing I have had for a long time) I started my period Nov 4 2014 it started quite abruptly, then I went to a very thorough Gyno. She did a physical exam, discovered I had PCOS (which is just a symptom of the real condition) she put me on birth control to stop the bleeding 12-18-2014 and i stopped being irregular. Then she came back and did a full Physical on me included blood panels in every catagory. Turned out I have several issues. My pituitary was producing too much prolactin. my liver wasnt metabolizing fat right. I was Insulin resistant (which can happen with PCOS) Now at first thought I was like the BC did the prolactin so I ran a test I went a whole month and a half no BC. low and behold the tenderness came back. That clued me in something bigger was happening. The dr shared her hypothesis with me. Turned out it is common for women who are not pregnant and are producing high levels of prolactin (hormone that makes us produce breast milk essentially making our bodies tell our brains we are prego) are a sign of a (potentially benign) tumor on the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma. I just had the MRI, which confirmed I do infact have said tumor I find out monday if benign or malignant and what treatments I can have. Please dont wait! I let my dad and his family talk me out of it so many times.  telling me I am a hyperchondriac. When really they should have paid closer attention to my symptoms as I grew up. I will support you as best I can. Good luck.
  • Posted

Am Juliet am 31years am having a yellowish discharge and my breast so heavy on me and I had HCB pregnancy test and is postive no itiching pls it normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.