Heavy feeling in abdomen and discomfort when bending

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

?I've recently had a diagnosis of multiple gallstones, after about 6 months of nausea and upper right quadrant pain. I've given cut out almost all fat from my diet and have been feeling better since I did so, but I'm frquently aware of a heavy feeling under my ribs on the tright hand side, and when I bend from the waist, it's uncomfortable. Does anyone else have similar expereiences, or is this somethingg I'm imagining, because I now know I have gallstones? I do tend to be hypersensitive, as I suffer from fibromyalgia at times, when stressed.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I dealt with it for over a year and symptoms kept progresing to the point where I got inflammation of the gallbladder , nausea, constipation, lost over 30 pounds in two months. It was terible. I removed my gb last year in October and now all those issues are history. Funny my primary care physician advised to remove it after the diagnosis but my Gastro told me not to.

I listened to my body and I am glad I did. Best of luck to you

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I'm glad your surgery went so well. I've had three very traumatic episodes whilst in hospital for various operations over the past decade or so, and consequently I am now terrified of having surgery of any kind again, espacially having read so many horror stories about the aftermath of surgery/the absence of relief from stomach problems from some of the users on this forum, so I would much prefer to keep my illness under control through diet etc., if I possibly can.  The constipation issue can be a problem, though. I'm not constipated all the time, but if I am, then my pain and nausea etc. symptoms are much more unpleasant-presumably there is a strong connection between gallstones and bowel issues.

• Posted

This could mean your gallbladder is diseased and you may need to go back to your doctor who would refer you to a surgeon. I always thought if you had gallstones you would need surgery. I may be wrong. I, too, had nausea before my surgery. No stones just a low HIDA scan. I'm actually still recovery from having my gallbladder removed 5 days ago. Waiting to feel better. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

That's about right.  I appreciate it could be hard to tell the difference.  I always had sensation up to and over right shoulder which is common.

• Posted

Hope you see your doctor soon and feel better.
  • Posted

I'm not sure I have gallbladder issues yet but I do have a stitch like pain under my right rib which goes round and under my right shoulder blade which led me to this page. If I bend over it almost feels like there's a lump-almost like an organ-trapped under my rib. I feel like I want to stretch out of lift my rib up to free it. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.