heavy head? foggy? looking through glass. depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not sure if what I'm still left with is depression or of anxiety. I have both but the worse thing is what it call brain fog, heavy full head, life your eyes are glazed over, can't function right, feel disconnected, personality frozen. This is increased when anxiety hits but its there all the time. I think its the depression not lifted yet. I'm 5w 5days on sertraline will it get better or is it time to upp dose. With fluoxetine it took 12weeks to go

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get little pleasure from what I once loved
  • Posted

Don't increase the dose without talking to a doctor.  What you are feeling is just the anti depressant getting into your body.  You will feel worse before you feel better.  As you know can take about 8 weeks to feel any real benefit. 

I am sure you will begin to feel better after you give it time to work.

• Posted

I'm nearly at 6weeks is that not long enough really? They say 4-6weeks! Iv had this feeling with out meds too though but not as dizzy, headache all day today and I sometimes get a falling sensation sad
  • Posted

Brain fog is terrible. You have my sincere sympathy. My brain fog came with ME. It is also common with CFS.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, are you saying you have come off fluxotine and have started sertraline?

If you have been taking sertraline for only 5weeks 5 days then i would say it is still early days. As with all anti depressants, we all want them to work quickly, but unfortunately they are not designed to work like that....The brain needs to heal slowly so that once repaired it will last

• Posted

I was doing OK but now crying all the time and feeling I'm going backwards. I don't know if to increase and try 75mg as I'm in a bad place ? Doctor seems to think I should b doing better by now
    • Posted

So sorry to hear you are struggling Rachel. Are you currently taking the lowest dose of sertraline? I would imagine the time you have been on them the doctor will be looking for some type of improvement. I would listen to your doctor and go with what he says. Having been on antidepressants for 15 years and beaten it twice, the doctors text put says, start patient on lowest dose, look for improvement in 4-6 weeks, if none then increase to next dose and repeat. I normally found the dose in the middle of most of the anti d's is the dose that gives the best response. Lowest dose doesnt always do it and highest dose can sometimes be a little too much...
    • Posted

Iv beaten post natal depression and anxiety before with 50mg of sertraline but this time its worse and it doesn't want to leave me alone at all! Without the meds I couldn't function I was locked in my own head and everything looks weird and scary (like I'm in a bubble or looking through a window) if u get this feeling? So iv improved I can take my kids to school but then I won't come home to be alone no way ! I have a newborn too so its so tough sad I'm scared I'll be like this for ages and nothing will work. I keep thinking wait till 8weeks but I started going backwards at the 4week mark which I hoped was just as in settled in at the 50mg level but iv lost hope of it just been that now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.