Heavy Head Sensation, lightheaded, Digestion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can anyone help?

So long story long, I got flu-like symptoms back in early January. I got over it but eventually I developed vertigo, ear fullness, facial tension and a swollen head feeling. That swollen feeling moved around my head at times causing me headaches.

It honestly made me feel like passing out at times. Still not sure if it was due to panic attacks or actual physical symptoms.

Eventually doctor classified it as inner ear infection.

The thing is since the doctors visit a couple weeks ago I started to develop odder sensations.

Now I am so fatigued. Like beyond tired especially after I eat. It makes me want to pass out. The thing is I took a comprehensive blood panel already and came back good except for a little high cholesterol and a somewhat low vitamin d deficiency.

But Ive never felt this way before. I can feel my heart beating louder (not necessarily faster) after I eat or after I walk for extended periods.

The doctor said my blood test showed no signs of being pre diabetic.

Honestly, it feels like my head has so much pressure but my body is so weak.

Whats going on here. Ear infection affecting my nerves? Something else? Cancer?

I was a somewhat healthy guy leading up to the new year. Gym 3-4 times out of the week.

5'7

male

29 yrs old

175 lbs

Please any advice would be amazing.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had an odd heartbeat effect for a year or two, before it turned into a more pronounced arrhythmia, but now even twenty years later, after many tests, the doctors look at it and just shrug, tell me it's harmless, and I guess that's not entirely wrong!

• Posted

See the thing is I took a blood test and saw two different doctors. They are insistent its an ear infection.

But its affecting my whole body. Like I didnt have these "heart" fatigue, sleepy, passing out symptoms until about a month ago when I got sick. And if feels like its always changing.

So its hard to chalk it up as anxiety. But the doctors are insistent that the ear infection is causing me anxiety which in return is causing me to have the loud heart beat, the fatigue etc.

How did your symptoms start?

• Posted

Lots of doctors just chalk up anything and everything to "anxiety" when they just don't have a better answer. OK, sometimes they're right, but sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes they are very wrong.

I probably had some congenital rhythm anomalies, that I simply ignored for the first 50 years or so, LOL, but around that time I started to have what felt like almost a little echo on each heartbeat, and sometimes it felt oddly strong, but it didn't cause any other difficulty or symptom. I just said, "Hey, one of these days, I should go see a doctor about this." Then one day I had a really dramatic arrhythmia, and I went to the doctor, and on to the cardiologist, and wore a Holter monitor, and the cardiologist said, "Hmm, something funny here, but I wouldn't go any further on it at this time." Thanks doc. Then it took like another seven years before it started getting funkier. So, there, fwiw.

Oh, and I almost dropped the punchline - there are a lot of minor arrhythmias, they are very common, and they vary right up to serious, but they just don't have much they can do about them, maybe try a little beta blocker - which you can try at home, go get a 85% or darker chocolate bar, eat about an ounce of it, and see if you feel better an hour later. Really. If they get really serious there's stuff to try, but you really don't want to go there unless you really have to.

• Posted

i appreciate the suggestion.

Yeah, I can hear my heart beat now especially when I am sitting down. The thing is I had somewhat of a panic attack yesterday. Im not sure if I'm still having the effects of that 24+ hrs later but I feel awful.

Restless, lightheaded and with pins and needles especially on my left side. Its been more or less constant for the last week or so.

How can this come out of nowhere like this?

• Posted

Heck, there's enough crazy in the news these days to give anyone a panic attack!

But if you're asking these questions, I assume there's nothing more specific to you, stress in your life, that might be part of it?

Y'know, there's all kinds of crazy stuff out there, chronic fatigue syndrome and the like, that just make you feel terrible, and puzzle many doctors. I had some of that, back some years ago, dragged around for a year feeling pretty bad, but it seemed to be slowly getting better and eventually it did.

A good basic blood panel is good news, but it's not conclusive by any means. If you still feel bad, or feel bad enough, go back and press the issue with them. They might still find something if they look harder. Or else they can maybe somewhat reassure you that you can put up with it for a while to see if it finally clears. In the meantime treat yourself better, take it easy, like you would if you definitely had a cold or flu. It's not much, but it's a start!

• Posted

Appreciate your reply.

I am somewhat hopeful about my diagnosis because my symptoms did indeed start after having bad flu-like symptoms in January.

So an inner ear infection isnt so far out of the realms of possibility.

Its the anxiety part that I'm still getting used to. Ive had plenty of stressful moments in my life but my body never reacted the way it is now.

Which is why even though I just said In somewhat hopeful, Im also doubtful about my diagnosis. Its ironic.

Because it feels so real.

And I've never felt this way before so I have nothing to compare it to.

Doctors sound so reassuring but when I start thinking hard about it, what could it possibly be if not an ear infection mixed in with anxiety? I dont have an answer there but my mind begins to wander.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.