Heavy headed and feeling numb for 1 week straight

Posted , 2 users are following.

male, 20 years old.

i've been feeling heavy headed and numb for a whole week now and still going... im sleeping alright, sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night but i manage to sleep back. i suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since more than a year and half. but i've never felt like this. btw, im calmer and better at coping with anxiety.

a month ago, i made changes in my life, i started sleeping and waking up early, exercising, and meditating daily. these changes are suppose to make me feel better and healthier which i honestly feel. but suddenly this weird feeling in my head accompanied with numbness and feeling detached stroke me, i've never felt this before although im used to be more stressed and overworked than this.

*phyisically: headaches in different areas of the head, burning headache feeling, heavy head feeling not painfull but very uncomfortable, feeling tired.

*emotionally: numb, my short memory seems a bit off (it maybe just a feeling), i dont feel "sharp" and alive as im used to be. i talk and laugh but it doesn't taste as good as it was, it's very strange.

i don't smoke, i don't drink, i don't take any medication, i sleep okay, i try to eat healthy. im hopefull and positive, i just want to know what is this and what should i do.

i don't know if this is blood sugar related, or blood pressure related, or a virus, or nothing but anxiety? that being said, which kind of doctor should i see? and what tests are needed first?

thank you in advance for your answers. wish you the best!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello my friend, ive had similar experiences to you for the last 3 months. The feeling of pressure as if almost you can feel your head uas expanded or your skull is being tightened by something inside, my face has also felt fuzzy and numb-like. These symptoms are still with me but have dissapated a little since. Ibuprofen helps me cope with this. Ive had a million and one tests done to me including 3 brain scans, i suggest a neurologist if the doctors cannot find anything obviously wrong. But in most cases like yours and mine, anxiety is diagnosed... i havent entertained anxiety as the cause but if i continue to recieve no answers as i continue to be tested, i probably will go down that road myself and see what i can find.
    • Posted

Thanks matthew for your answer. for me the heaviness in the head is fading, i still feel the pressure and dizziness from time to time. i prefer not to take any medication since they all have tons of side effects. what hurts me more is the emotional feeling that is strange, im always questioning my short-term memory. i hope it's all "in my head" and there's nothing  wrong with my cognitive abilities.

when im anxious i tend to create feelings that aren't there by emphasizing my attention on specific areas of the body.

im trying my best to keep hold on good habits (sleeping well, exercising, and eating healthy).

thanks again, stay positive and get well soon buddy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.