Heavy leg lifting after 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 3 months out from THR and my leg is still hard to lift and get into car or lift onto bed or couch. I have to help lift it. anyone else having this problem?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I understand the feeling of lifting the op. leg it can be tricky during the first few months of recovery. THR surgery is a trauma on the body , it takes time for the entire leg to regenerate and heal. So many structures have been effected along with the mechanics of movement , muscles, soft tissue , and bones to heal . Surgeons remove the entire joint then replaced with a prothesis is major surgery.

Your early in the shot term healing process usually 3-6 months. Long term healing is 6 mo to a year. Hang in there it will get better as your body continues to heal and gets stronger. Soon you will have your full mobility back and a better quality of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.