Heavy lifting

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone work in a supermarket on shop floor and has had a hip replacement.  If you have did you manage to get back to work ok?

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm on the waiting list now, the doc didn't say how long it would be, so will just wait for the letter coming.

He did say that you can't squat (like right down) so as I go walking in the countryside I am going to take my shewee with me. Had it years but never used it, so a good time to practice it.

Also said my right hip might last another 3 or 4 yr.

I had loads of questions but never asked them but I did say what my job was and he showed me how to deal with the low shelves, so I figure I can go back to work ok.

I have asked for training for the electric truck (for pulling heavy pallets), so hope I get that.

Feeling a lot more positive now.

• Posted

I was told to take 3 months off of work, and I work in an office.  
    • Posted

I'm hoping for at least 3 months - office work, but have to commute 90 mins each way minimum to and from London
    • Posted

My friends brother recently had it done, he is a postman he got three month off, so I expect I get that. He is about 5-6 weeks and said he is no where ready to go back yet, not even for light duties. At least he got the full 3 month.

Thought it was 6 weeks for offices but obviously depends on what's needed.  Everybody is different and have different healing times. That's a lot of driving.

• Posted

Lynn,

​The 90 mins is train, then tube, then Boris Bike or bus.

​Keeps me fit(ish) cool

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.