heavy period after 3 years at 56 yrs old

Posted , 9 users are following.

Around 5 weeks ago I Felt nauseous and a few gripes in groin then slight bowel change. Then sore nipples and tender breasts and felt off colour and depresssed. Then symptoms eased but still nauseous on and off then Tuesday had heavy bleed. 4 days today and it’s just eased off but still feel nauseous and burning lower ab. Very much like a period but scared as still feel off. Having more tests within 2 weeks. Has anyone else had these mixture of symptoms?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have lower abdominal pain. am so itchy i scratch my self on the back till it bleeds. I am very tired all of the time , I have to watch my weight , Bowel changes . I am over this S**T !
    • Posted

Hey fiona27807, In my late 30's my lower back itched all the time. I did not realize it at the time (I'm 54 now) but it was my hips getting bigger and stretching the skin...middle age spread, in other words. You mentioned watching your weight so I just want you to know that thickening is probably the cause of that, if you have never experienced the itching before. I have to watch my weight closely...I've really thickened and I'm not thrilled! After a shower, while skin is still damp, use a good carrier oil, ie, Jojoba, apricot seed, fractionated coconut, etc, any of those natural oils (you can get from Whole Foods, etc) all over and it may ease the itching. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Kazjo I am going insane with the itching I will take your advice.

Fiona 

• Posted

Hi Fiona, sorry to hear your troubles. I haven’t experienced any itching, mines all internal abdominal pain xx
  • Posted

I'm 56 too and have recently had a very heavy bleed for 3/4 days with similar symptoms but my periods haven't totally stopped at all yet there's still something been happening for the last few months but very minimal. If your periods had totally stopped before this for a while maybe ask a doctors advice.

• Posted

Hi Yvonne, thanks for reply. I went straight to AnE as was in Southport when it happened. 

I’m in for tests starting Monday.  Stomach upside down. Hope you’re okay xx

• Posted

Hi Chris I have just been through exactly the same and was referred on a two week 2ww app. I was seen and they found a slight thickening of my womb. Try not to worry I know its hard but try not to google scared the jeepers out of me. You have done the right thing and seen your Gp. I am sure all will be well. We are all here lots of shoulders to lean on. Take care I am sending well wishes and positive thoughts your way x
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for the reply. I have a scan on Monday and hystoscopy Friday. I’ve read everything going and yeah so scary. It’s the nausea that’s worrying as I usually love eating.  And still the odd gripe and burn in lower abs. And bowel and bladder urgency 😕 

Glad yours was good news xx

• Posted

The same thing happened to me. I went ahead and an biopsy done and a dnc. The bleeding eventually subsided and I didn’t not get another period. I had the exact same symptoms and was miserable . It took about 6 months for everything to stabilize again. I would see your gyn immediately. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Patricia for your reassurance. I have my first scan tomorrow. Then the hystoscopy on Friday. Everything is crossed! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.