Heavy Periods?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do any of you lovely ladies experience heavy periods and clotting? My periods are all over the place. Sometimes just spotting other times very heavy with large clots. I have always had trouble with my cycle since I was a teenager and have had numerous abdominal ultrasounds ans transvaginal ultrasounds to show nothing

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I have heavy periods with clots every 28 days. Had ultrasounds, etc.. lining was very thick. Had D&C hoping it would help with heavy periods or just send me into meno..This was a few months ago and I can't tell yet.

• Edited

my cycle is very irregular now, I have a gyno appt in a couple weeks. It's very draining isn't? I have trouble keeping my iron levels up also

• Edited

Yes very draining!! A few days of eating like a pig, a couple days of boobs full and heavy, couple days of being moody, couple days of being lazy and tired THEN the fun begins with spotting and a few days of the heavy flow. I'm ready for this to end.

• Edited

Yes to iron levels--- I always ate spinich everyday and spirulina too with taking iron pills here and there.. It's been good BUT last August it was low (I also started to HATE spinich).I still can't get back into it but levels are ok... I still take 2 iron pills on period days.

• Edited

Definitely. I had a month long spotting period three years ago. Since then, I have a very heavy period with clots every 21 days. It is always accompanied with a debilitating menstrual migraine. In the past year and a half, I also developed migraine aura and vision issues. You are not alone. xo

• Posted

I have also had migraines with vision issues and I never put it down to hormonal fluctuations. I get spotting on and off also. Thankyou for replying, makes me feel better knowing this is something that other ladies get although I don't wish it on anyone x

• Posted

I am in the midst of heavy period right now. Came in here to post about it. Having my period every two weeks. Each time, it lasts a week, is intense for the first three or four days. Today is day three and I walked the dogs in the morning then got back in bed. Zero energy, feel off kilter, running to bathroom with diarrhea. So depressed about it. Feel your struggle. xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.