Heavy Prolnged Periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi new to site,

Was actully looking for solution to my wee problem! I suffer from Polycystic Ovary Sndrome for the past 20 years but over the past 3-4 months my periods have been lasting on an average 18-21 days having a break of 1 week then back to bleeding again oh the joy! but i have been having headaches, really tired ( all the time), calf muscles aching, nails & skin around nails very dry oh & cold feet! Do you think i may be suffering fro underactive thyroid?? I will hopefully be going to the doctors this week but was just wondering if this could all be realted or am i just being daft??

Please can someone help???

Thanks

Buzzbee

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, all the symptoms you describe can be related to under or over active thyroid. i have graves and was very over active but, medication sent me under and i now have leg pains, and painful periods. go to the docs and get checked good luck. elaine.
  • Posted

Maybe Anemia, a few months on a Iron supplement might help. Yes visit your GP, itll only take a few blood tests to get to the bottom of it smile
  • Posted

Hi there I was diagnosed 2 years ago now, my periods were v v v heavy and prolonged I thought it was menopause but after taking thyroxine since my last 3 months of periods have gone normal what a relief! Im convinced my thyroid was causing the problem I was also severly anaemic which contributed to my exhaustion its like a vicious circle thyroid causing heavy periods, heavy periods causing aneamia, aneamia causing tiredness go to the docs and have the blood tests x
  • Posted

What did the tests say then? Oh :oops: I guess itll take a week or two to learn the results :roll: :D Yes that anemia / pernicious anemia (vitamin B12 deficiency) can really knock you about and theyre sneaky aswell :?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.