Heavy right arm for nearly 3 months, no diagnosis and no help. 23 y/o - What is it?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Almost 3 months ago I developed a really heavy right arm, not numb, no pins and needles, but as if I'd slept on it and it felt heavy. It partially travelled to my right leg too. I went to the doctors about it as after a week or so, it hadn't gone away and was effecting my work (desk job). They assumed it was a back injury, as 2 days before I got symptoms, I was at the gym and did lat pull downs for the first time, and figured I'd over done it, although no back pain. I was advised to keep going to the gym, despite them assuming it was a back injury, which in turn made it worse for me.

Doctors and hospitals have unfortunately been no help, sending me between each other and not doing any tests other than blood pressure, blood sugar, pulse etc which all show as normal. A month or so before the arm heaviness, I was getting bad dizzy spells, which I was put on medication for and it has since gone. I wonder if this is also linked? I also had a blood test for the dizziness which showed a lack of folic acid, so I was put on folic acid tablets too.

Now wondering if this is all tied, also maybe thought it was coeliac disease as I also have stomach problems daily, but no idea on if this could be the case. I'm constantly chasing doctors for help, but I also worried that it may be alcohol induced? I drink more than I like too so I'm planning to cut down and stay on the folic acid tablets and hope that it goes away. Although the heaviness seems to flare randomly. And now, it's starting to come with pain, almost like an achyness.

A few weeks ago it seemed to have disappeared, until this week it flared up really bad again and I went back to the doctors who referred me to hospital, who then referred me back to the doctors. An endless cycle. Could it be from continuously sitting at a desk? Outside of this I stay active, but I'm constantly using a PC/Mouse/Keyboard.

Really anxious for months about what it could be, and stress in my life at the minute is definitely adding to my worry, I just wondered if anybody else had a similar experience and what it could be? I'm a 23 y/o female, trying to get into better health and shape, but this has hindered me exercise wise and I'm struggling.

Thanks all.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.