Heel Lift

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, can anyone advise me what type of lift is suitable to wear with sandals? After my hip op one leg is slightly shorter than the other (causing me to limp). I have tried making a half sole (for the heel) but when walking it comes out. I don't want to stick it in permanently as I need to use different sandals. Help please.

Regards

Jean

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean, sad that they leave people with leg discrepancies in this Day and age, I have had a couple of put in take out lifts from podiatrist for shoes and trainers, sandals are a different matter, I have brought a bundle of lifts off of E b they come from China and take about 10 days but cheap as chips, if your discrepancy us permanent then I took a couple of my fav sandals to cobbler and he added permanent lifts to my three pairs of summer shoes.

He also made me some leather lifts for shoes, how much discrepancy do you have

• Posted

Hi Alexandria, you ask how much discrepancy I have - well how long is a piece of string??? The Consultant I saw never measured my legs - I just laid on the table and she said 1cm???? How can this be accurate without a measurement I ask myself? I did try a piece of card measuring 1cm in the heel but thi made no difference so me thinks her measurement way out.

I will try and suss out the ebay Chinese lifts - don't suppose you know which one you purchased from?

Regards

Jean

• Posted

If you have a partner as this cannot be done on your own.

Lay flat on your mattress, you need a piece of string and a tape measure.

Go from outer hip bone (boney part of pelvis) down to inner ankle bone, try to keep toes pointing up and legs as straight as possible.

When you have done that either mark the point on string or measure it, then do the other leg and the difference is your discrepancy.

Hope that helps

• Posted

Gosh that sounds fun!!!! Will give it a try  - thanks for the advice.

Regards

Jean

• Posted

No probs, let me know how you get on, I had three different discrepancies and different insoles, then I was sent to the podiatrist who was great and showed me exactly how to gauge the difference, I walk on crutches but at least I'm level

• Posted

Here are some suggestions:

http://clearlyadjustable.com/sandals-and-heel-lifts.html

http://gwheellift.com/physiolift.html

https://www.amazon.com/Cambion-Heel-Lift-Large-Individually/product-reviews/B000JM38SK

• Posted

Forgot to say - in case you don't read it, in the first link they suggest using double sides sellotape.

An experienced doctor/physio can tell the difference by looking how your legs lie when you are lying on your back. It also depends on how you stand and how your pelvis sits.

• Posted

That's a really good way to use a lift, you could as you say use double sided tape, I'm going to have a go at making one of those

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.