Heel lifts in Airwalker boot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, - Anyone in the know!

from a recent Achilles' tendon rupture, I was given an airwalker boot with 3 heel lifts but when I returned to the fracture clinic was given a fourth heel lift in my boot. 

I am now nearly 4 weeks down eh line and have been told to take out a heel lift every 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me which one I need to take out first stupidly forgot to ask the hospital and getting different answers. 

Thanks Kazza

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, 

I bet everyone here is well on their way to full recovery now.  Hopefully someone still checks this thread!  I have a question regarding heel inserts.  I removed my first (1 of 3) inserts today.  Does the bottom of my heel always have to touch the surface of the heel insert?  I can't seem to tighten my boot enough to make sure my heel is always touching the surface of the heel insert.  Whenever I place my foot down on the floor and apply some weight, my heel slides down a few centimeters in my boot and then touches the surface of the heel insert.  When I lift my leg up from the ground, the bottom of my heel moves up a few centimeters and no longer touches the surface of the heel insert.

Is this normal?  Am I way over cautious?  I'm supposed to start walking in my boot and I want to make sure that this is normal before I do so. 

Thanks all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.