Heel pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am experiencing pain on the bottom of my right heel. I have been told by several people that could be several things....a stone bruise, bone spur, heel spur, planter fasciitis or tendonitis. Any ideas??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it could be Plantar....do you have good insteps in your shoes? I had to get some orthotics and stick them in my wellies (I walk dogs, so wellies is often my footwear). that and some Diclofenac, and after a few weeks it went.

Was told it would burn itself out eventually, but its a painful time waiting for that to happen!

Go see your Doc to get a proper diagnosis, though. x

• Posted

I had plantar fascitis (sp?) once, and a bone spur in my heal.  If that is what you've got, it CAN go away - mine did.  What I did with mine was, I put inserts in all my shoes (moved the same ones around depending on which shoes I was wearing).  Even in the house, I would wear my comfy - cushioned! tennis shoes (hardwood floor are really hard on bare fee).  If you have soft carpeting throughout, you probably don't need to do that.  Especially on long walks, or anything impacting your feet, you need those cushioned inserts in your shoes.  It took a while (months), but it went away.  Now, to prevent recurrence, I still wear my cushioned tennis shoes in the house and on walks, and I either buy more expensive shoes (you can feel the built in cushion in those shoes), or I put in my inserts.  I haven't had a problem in several years (since I started doing this).  Good luck!

• Posted

You're right there, Jane. I still have my orthotics in any pair of shoes that don't have an inbuilt arch. My feet are as flat as pancakes, and the orthotics gave my arches (and heel) the much needed support to get over the PF!
  • Posted

p.s. - if you do have a bone spur, I'll tell you what a very good foot orthopaedic surgeon told me.  Don't get surgery.  The ligaments, etc in the foot are extremely complex, and surgery there could really mess up your foot.  A foot doctor looking for $$ might advise you to get surgery - don't do it.  The natural remedy above worked wonders.  Not to mention some prayers to God.  Good luck!
  • Posted

Sounds like Planter Fascilitis to me, I get it too..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.