Heel pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello 

Four weeks back I fell with my bike and seemed to hit my heel to the ground. I stil cant put much pressure on it, I can walk on my heel but I can feel the pain. It's better then 4 weeks back but not all good. Is there maybe something I can do to speed up recovery? When I press on my heel from the bottom there is not pain but on the sides an back of the calcaneus there is a lot of pain when I press, it's all around the edges of the calcaneus. Please help me.

Thank you 

Sarel Prinsloo

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'd get an xray. Sounds like a trauma induced injury, not plantar faciiatis. Ice! Good luck!
    • Posted

Oke thank you and do you think a cortisone shot will help?
    • Posted

must I apply ice and heat and ice again or just ice?
    • Posted

Check with a Dr. Applying heat will do nothing for a fracture.
  • Posted

this does not sound like plantar fasciitis - get an Xray, you may have a fracture
  • Posted

A cortisone shot will probably not help. This is a trauma induce injury. Not an issue of overuse on the tendons. You need an xray.
  • Posted

I would think that resting it as much as possible would help.

Robert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.